Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Wednesday's Digressions

For Lost fans. For the life of me I could not understand that show.


  • A demented post stroke patient through my entire first shift would alternate between physically striking me to wanting to hug me, from telling me she was was sorry to telling me she hated me, from crying when I left the room just to get a drink to demanding as much as she could with a paralysed tongue, I leave the facility entirely. With all that- the diagnosis was easy to confirm.
  • She was a woman.
  • Acieago cheese: not as strong as blue cheese- just nice and I only discovered it yesterday at Chads Burgers in Weatherford.
  • Delicious. Tell 'em I sent ya.
  • If you want them to look at you like your some kind of weirdo.
  • I knew someone who got their head hacked off in Iraq.
  • Bleah, kinda blurted that one out there didn't I? Sorry, but it's true and something just reminded me of it out of the blue.
  • Alright, on a cheerier note: something I like that I can assure you, you won't- Portishead Machinegun Live in Berlin.
  • Zac just walked in and said, I drinka my shocalate milk all gone!  Ah, you're such a good boy, you know that? Yes I love you. I wuv yew! You're daddy's boy, aren't you?  Yes!
  • I simply doesn't get any better than that.






2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know whether there's any GOOD way to approach the topic of knowing someone who got their head hacked off.

I have never known anyone that's happened to.

My guess is that the % of Americans who have had that happen is relatively low, despite what you see in movies. "Crushed by falling rocks" and "eaten by wolves" is way higher, I bet.

What a shocking way to even think about dying.

el chupacabra said...

Hi ya Katy . Yeah we weren't buddies or anything but I knew who he was and he me and we had spoken to each other.

So often when that happens its murderous maniacs using their religion or misplaced political ideals as an excuse for getting their jollys killing somebody.