- Too many people in this world presume everybody else is as big of a knucklehead as they themselves are.
- It is too bad I can't say the name just in case they become a patient (and are real) but I saw a caller on the caller ID in my office of a person who had a cartoon character name. It wasn't Bugs Bunny but it was in that neighborhood. I didn't answer as I had another patient in the office and had no interest in being jacked with at the time.
Carl Akelely- Read about him here.
- An update to previous bullet: Later I took a call from another caller with the ID of another cartoon character name. We had a rambling 8 minute conversation and I finally ended the conversation by providing him with the number to a state office with a tenuous connection to our disjointed intercourse. I wonder who they pawned him off on?
- Yesterday (06/29/2014) I watched The Sandlot for the first time. Whoa it is good. I mean man- really, it is a good movie. Now I see why it is so many peoples favorite movie.
- "The" always (as in 99% of the time) comes out, "Teh" on my first attempt when I'm typing.
- Recently someone did something nice for me. Even more recently the same someone asked a favor of me as, it was the least I could do considering _____________ and _____________. The blood in my veins ran cold and I literally felt sick. I thought I was actually going to vomit.
- A coworker is praised and lauded for her attention to detail. Of course she can pay attention to details- you couldn't blow her off her office chair with a stick of dynomite to do anything extra.
- Huh, dynamite is spelled well- dynamite not, "dynomite".
Cicada from last year. This has been a sparse year for them- probably too dry.
- I do not know how many people when referring to Rattlesnake Island in lake Bridgeport I have heard say to the effect, When I was a kid my dad took me out there. It was covered with rattlesnakes! Didn't happen my friend but you can be forgiven for that collective memory recall. How do I know it wasn't true? If the legend were true as soon as word got around, people would have killed every single one of them and it has been called Rattlesnake Island for generations. Anyway, it is too small to support a huge number- what would they eat?
- To be placed in the, If I'm lyin' I'm dyin' file: This morning (07/02/2014) there was a guy next to me in traffic smoking crack. He was pouring out sweat- literally drenched and his face was as red as a tomato. When he drew that hit in I watched mesmerized half expecting his head to explode.
- Check this out- The Sound Defects. You'll dig it the most.
To be filed under," Can but shouldn't" classification in the car customizing index
Monday, September 29, 2014
Thursday, September 25, 2014
"Yes I do. There has been a lot of confusion on who done this. I know you all want closure. Donna had her Christianity in tact when she died. She never went to a drug house. John Adams lied. He went to the police and told them a story. He made deals and sold stuff to keep from going to prison. I left the house, and I left him there. My only act or involvement was not telling on him. John Adams is the one that killed Donna Vick. I took a polygraph and passed. John Adams never volunteered to take one. I have done everything in my power. Donna Vick helped me; she took me off the street. I was a truck driver; my CDL was still active. Donna gave me everything I could ask for. I helped her around the yard. I helped her around the house. She asked if there were anyone else to help. I am a Christian myself, so I told her about John Adam. We picked him up at a dope house. I did not know he was a career criminal. When we got to the house he was jonesin for drugs. He has to go to Dallas. I was in the bathroom when he attacked. I am deaf in one ear and I thought the T.V. was up too loud. I ran in to the bedroom. By the time I came in, when I tried to help her, with first aid, it was too late. The veins were cut on her throat. He stabbed her in her heart, and that's what killed her. I told John Adams, "turn yourself in or hit the high road." I owed him a favor because he pulled someone off my back. I was in a fight downtown. Two or three days later he turned on me. I have done everything to prove my innocence. Before you is an innocent man. I love my famly. I'll be waiting on ya'll. I'm finished talking."
Monday, September 22, 2014
- Man, that picture is gigantic.
- Two minutes never seems like a long time at all until you're cooking something in the microwave.
- At Scarborough Fair this past season a goob using a pro consumer grade camera and sound set-up was making a nuisance of himself getting in front of the audience at the Birds Of Prey demonstration. The presenter interrupted the show to ask if he was there officially or what. The guy lied and said it was for the fair. What a putz. He was lead away a few minutes later by an employee.
- The Whole Hog Exploring the Extraordinary Potential of Pigs- what I'm reading (06/28/2014).
- Top Secret!- what I'm watching.
- In the days of my ute there was a miniature golf golf course on 51 North that was built by a resident of Decatur out of various scrap materials. I recall a tractor tire that was cut to form a loop that you would drive the ball through. I think you paid by dropping money in a jar. It was past the armory on the right.
- I have never heard anybody correctly pronounce the Ye as in- Ye Olde... The Y is not our Y. It is a symbol that sounds like, Th.
- Although the M1 Garand was miles away better, the British and German bolt action rifles of WWII were ridiculously good weapons.
Note I left above the dishwasher
- People who like to sound well informed prattle on about how ineffective torture is to get information out of people. They'll say, The person will say anything to get the pain to stop! True they will say just about anything- even the truth.
- The US is considering signing on to a ban of the manufacture and use of landmines. Bad, dumb move.
- Your life will be worth less than a truckload of rats in a used tampon factory! Line from Top Secret! I intend to use at my earliest possible opportunity.
Penny smashed by vendor at Ren Fair. They handed them out from the parade. Zac scored this one.
|At the Putt Putt on Calmont in Funkytown. Somewhere a lawn mower man's butt is still hurting from the chewing out he received. It was odd though- he had to go out of his way to mangle that thing with a mower, so he pretty much deserved at least a chewing out.|
Sunday, September 21, 2014
Thursday, September 18, 2014
|I took this cloud picture personally but not while doing a barrel roll in a De Havilland Tiger Moth as it sort of appears.|
- I've put a Dread Zeppelin video or two up here. They are usually known as a Led Zeppelin cover band who use a Reggae beat and the lead singer is an Elvis impersonator named Tort Elvis- yeah I know, awesome huh? Anyway, here they are with a rendition of Heartbreaker that kinda devolves into Heartbreak Hotel that.... If you're not down with this I'm afraid you can't be my special friend anymore.
- Zac and big brother are both taking music lessons this summer.
- Groan, I may as well cross one off my life list and make a concerted effort to learn a string instrument as well.
- Was already planning on getting SCUBA certified. Yes, if you've read some long ago posts I've spent untold hours diving- most solo and have never been certified.
- We have a little city operated water park in town that Zac and I hit today for the first time. The water was too cold for me, but he had a blast. It was about a billion degrees out there- I was seeing spots by the time we left.
- Although we do eat a lot of rich foods we also eat lots of fruits I hope my children and others that stay around here never forget that.
- I have no idea how many trees I've planted in my lifetime already.
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
- If you want to understand ISIS you have to understand Whahabiism. To understand it and the Middle East in general read this article- twice.
- There are hundreds of nominally American people fighting for ISIS in Iraq and Syria and published estimates are there may be up to 20,000 jihadis there in total. One, there is of course no way to know for sure that number is correct although educated inferences can be made and two, there is no way there is anything less than 50,000 and it would not be a hard sell to convince me the number is somewhere well North of that.
- Americans oddly presume anytime there is something called an uprising it is just that- a rising up of the people against a government that must be real bad if the people want it overthrown.
- Our government in these situations also oddly presumes not only can we know the hearts of groups involved- we can discern which ones are moderate.
- The first problem with that is defining moderate.
- We aren't dumb but we let our emotions, politics and preconceived notions of what makes people tick define policy in really bizarre and if nothing else, naive ways.
- Interestingly, our involvement in Syria might be the first time we actually fought in the Middle East with oil as if not the core of the issue- it will be way WAY up there as an important reason to intervene as the insurgents are making millions of dollars a day off oil revenue.
- My knowledge of the world is far from encyclopedic but you would be hard pressed to find somebody who at least tries as hard as I do to be well informed and I had literally never heard or read anything about the brutality of the Assad regime until our politicians, agitators and the insurgents themselves began referring to it as a, "brutal regime" as if it was a forgone conclusion it is true and common knowledge that the Syrian government is the worst in the world.
- The only way the US could win in Syria and Iraq would involve casualties- a lot of them and tons of civilian deaths It would involve lots of air power and arty support to be sure but also thousands of troops operating more/less independently from dedicated bases, close cooperation between our men, disparate irregular fighters and Assad's and Iraqi troops and most of all- a willingness to die that most of our guys do not truly possess. These troops would also have to operate in very austere conditions in units small and large that aside from some reserves and logistical support would have to operate independently and of their own initiative so often to be effective that instead of being termed independent- isolated would be more correct. In short, we would not be thinking Iraq verses USA in 1991 the correct analogy would be Wehrmacht verses Russia at Stalingrad 1943.
- Many- many of our guys would be captured and murdered. This would strengthen our resolve and desire to see the fight through to the end- right?! Nah, we would lose our nerve quick and there would calls to withdraw before we ever really got started.
- The financial costs would be astronomical. For example, as of this writing, (08/29/2014) the ops which our air assets are engaging in are costing our treasury 7.5 million dollars a day. The strikes have have barely slowed ISIS and are known- without argument by any involved to not be a means to an end there without ground troop involvement.
Monday, September 15, 2014
- It is 1720.33 on 07/02/2014 and I am literally dying for a cold Coke- an ice cold gallon size coooooold Coke. Omigosh that sounds good.
- An article about the NSA reminded me of a controversy I've been curious about for a long time- polygraph. It is a modern day form of witchcraft in that it isn't real- it only works as far as people believe in it and that bothers me. It embarrasses me for us.
- At a facility I worked in I tendered my resignation after being informed all the nurses would be required to take a polygraph. The short story is a demented patient was found to have drugs in her system for which she did not have an order. Again, the short story is the daughter to the patient had been slipping her the drug and when it wasn't giving the desired effect of bringing the patient back she felt guilty and demanded the urine test. The daughter showed her hand too much too early though- freaking out over the patients behavior, demanding to know what was wrong with her and saying things like, This isn't her- she's on something! etc. We all knew what was going on and I said so in the letter that made its way up to the ivory tower.
- I didn't take the stupid test and I kept my job- in fact nobody took the stupid test.
- The stereo project is if not harder than I anticipated definitely more time consuming. An amazing thing: when part of it had me baffled I Emailed a tech at Crutchfield. He sent me back a picture of my sub with hand drawn blue and red lines detailing how the wiring for my specific application should look. I would have gotten it wrong swearing it was right and burned up a 200 dollar piece of equipment.
- Last night (today is 06/30/2014) I dreamed very vivid and real feeling dreams about Decatur being blown away by tornadoes. I awoke to the sound of the roof turbine screaming and thought it was FG bawling.
- It only hit me as I read Voyage of the Beagle last night that Ecuador is Spanish for equator.
- A thing among ropers when I was a high school lad was to wear a belt that was 8-10 inches too long so the end would be hanging down over their crotch.
When they hung Blackjack Ketchum it decapitated him. His last words were, Goodbye. Please dig my grave very deep. Aright; Hurry up. Hal Ketchum is said to be a direct descendant.
Friday, September 12, 2014
|Wolfman Jack in the glow in the dark indoor mini golf place in Weatherford. Don, take your daughter here- a good time will be had by all . It is on main right by the Tracto Supply.|
- When considering a new sleeping bag go for down if you can afford it- you'll never go back. Also, consider stuff size: anything under 13 inches is pretty good- anything over 14 is getting hugenormous.
- If you choose down- you'll never turn around.
- Hey, the American Down Council just got a new slogan.
- You're welcome ADC.
Red, welty areas from having my arms across my torso- I'm allergic to myself.
- What she said: If you don't wise up Kevin you are going to lose me and I'm the best thing you've ever had.
- What she said.
- What I should have said: The best thing I've had- yet.
- Ha. That would have gone over like a pregnant pole vaulter.
- B2P pens from Pilot are made from recycled water bottles and are great. They are a translucent blue to connote the water bottle heritage and that always gives me pause as I think it may come out blue- which I can't use at work.
Monstrous snapping turtle- a killing machine
- My daughter is a drummer consequently everything is a drum to her.
- A Journey Around The World 1806 by Alexander Campbell- what I just finished reading.
Thursday, September 11, 2014
Wednesday, September 10, 2014
- On the way in there was a construction worker sitting nearly under his truck to be in it's shade.
- The office I went to today (08/29/2014) had cookies, consequently my nursing buddies had cookies when I got back to the office.
- One elderly lady had obviously been directed by her doctor to present there to rule out pneumonia and/or COPD. I wanted to tell her, I can save you a lot of time and trouble- stop smoking, dummy.
- Smoke inhalation is the number one cause of death secondary to a fire- not something you should do for grins and giggles.
- Man, that other lady has some huge feet- holy smokes.
- There was a parade of fat people who came wobbling in with bad knees worn out hips and sprained ankles from not being able to see the step they missed causing them to tumble down some stairs.
- My copay was exactly equal to what critics of our bloated and expensive medical care system say is the average total cost of the same procedure with the same equipment in other developed countries.
- There is a guy very clumsily playing buddy-buddy with daughter. I can't tell if he is socially retarded and doing what he thinks he is supposed to do and doesn't know how to pull it off or if he abuses her and and is trying too hard to cover up said abuse. She alternates between looking slightly afraid and having a blunted affect.
- The technologist looked scruffy but man, he was a genuinely nice guy and I bet smarter than average in his field.
- My companies insurance was once upon a time self directed, meaning you had nice stuff other plans may not like, office visits that had very low copays deductibles for procedures that were reasonable and there was no referral needed to visit a specialist. Too many knuckleheads ruined that though- get a headache and a have burning when you urinate? Hey don't increase your water intake- go see a urologist and a neurologist!
- The technologist gave me a handful of earplugs when I told him I would keep the ones he issued me before the procedure.
- During the procedure a very hot friendly acquaintance crossed my mind. She is losing her hair. That is one of the few things I could not abide and would work extra or do whatever it would take to help pay for her to have hair transplants were I with somebody with that problem.
- While I was out of the office a supervisor approved something that if one of us peons had done it she would have gone ballistic- not give the perpetrator a gentle verbal counsel and educate away from the behavior- she would have gone off. She would have screamed like a maniac with her fist raised over her head and after blowing a hole through the roof she would blasted off into earth's upper atmosphere, then by flying around the earth fast enough to make it reverse it's rotation she would have reversed time to make the event never even happen.
- A billion plus people on this planet do not have access to consistently clean water. Thousands starve to death each day. We dump gallons of ice water over peoples heads (for what I'm not sure) and have contests to see who can eat the most food- and we wonder why they hate us...
- My new tent is on the way- I'm pumped. It is a Timberline SQ2. With the footprint you can do a light set and it weighs only 4 pounds but has room for 2+ and may last me literally the rest of my life. I ordered some Nite Ize cam locks to tension the guy lines and reflective green paracord for said guy lines.
- It looks like a friend is going to buy my Casio Pro Tek watch paving the way for my purchase of a Garmin Tactix GPS watch.
- Yes, I am a gear junkie.
- My name is Kev and I'm a gear junkie
- Hi Kev!
- Doctors offices commonly charge a 10 dollar fee to refill a controlled substance prescription if there is not an associated office visit. It is easy to see why they do it. It takes time and their time is valuable. There could also be some potential dangers to this idea- as in when the physician realizes 10 bucks for 8 seconds worth of work and you don't have to deal with a whining patient ain't a bad gig.
- Carlsbad, Taos, Albuquerque, Carlsbad, Lincoln County and Lincoln Ntl Forest- some of the stops on my upcoming vacation.
Tuesday, September 9, 2014
Monday, September 8, 2014
- I go and explore our world with my children so we have the experience together, get some exercise and so someday they will return to those places and find themselves, me and us- maybe even long after I'm gone.
- Pedernales Falls is on the list to hit this summer (2014). Turner Falls is on the list always as it is accessible and pretty cheap.
- For most of my adult life I've gone to TF at least a few times a year.
- Supposedly way back in the day it was the last place you would take a family as it was a biker haven. It may be an urban legend but I have heard multiple times from people contemporary to me they had been told the same from people in the generation before us and I have heard the same.
I like that design. It could not be more simple, efficient nor more different than what we picture as a chair. I bet it is comfortable. I wanted to sit in it.
- I just tried to watch a documentary about Jimi Hendrix. Within 5 seconds some guy that didn't sound like he knew what he was talking about referred to Jimi as, The most important guitar player in the 20th century and then later said, He pushed the envelope... Groan.
- The Beemer is going to my eldest. It isn't like a valued old pickup or sports car we would like to keep in the family. It is more like something I hope doesn't become an albatross around his neck. If I hear it is causing him to much grief and breaking him financially I'll sneak over and burn it to the ground.
- Anyway, it goes into the shop today (07/11/2014) to get in shape. I'll find the title tomorrow.
Her is a seepy concert goer.
- When FGs dumb cat comes skulking around I'm always guarding my coffee against him drinking it. Its a weird holdover from a dog I had who would risk life and limb to drink my coffee. He would act totally disinterested until I left the room then on returning I would find him nose deep in my cup happily slurping away. He was a blue heeler.
- I gave him away to friends who had cows and 88 acres and he got to ride in the back of pickups every day. He must have thought it heaven. As far as I know he is still alive but would be 10 or 11 years old.
- "Here, have a picture of my butt" The last text message I sent.
Saturday, September 6, 2014
Thursday, September 4, 2014
|It. Was. Then. I. Knew. I. Had. The. Power.|
- Here, read about Kennewick Man
- When a terror group kills somebody by cutting their head off calling it an execution connotes legitimacy to the group- just call it a murder.
- You know, when you think about it- we are all half centaur.
I found this pic in the parking lot. It fascinates me for some reason. If you know her tell her I still have the pic and would like for her or her people to have it back.
- Yesterday I cleaned the Keurig with vinegar. As evidenced by my sore throat and bubble guts after my coffee this morning- some of the vinegar got left in the machine.
- Rodeo clowns should carry tazers.
- Ferguson police now wear body cameras. It took riots, millions of dollars in riot damage and costs for policing protests to force something the cops themselves if they were thinking straight would have demanded- years ago. There will come a time when cops won't sign on to a department that doesn't provide body cams (or they will buy their own) and shortly after that time their use will be as common as badges and almost mandatory. Regardless, not having the body cams will be correctly viewed as the liability it is.
Frame #134 will be debated for a long time. Is it genuine or a guy in a homeless person suit?
- We ate at Blue Mesa yesterday (08/31/2014). I had no idea how much it would cost when we left the house. The following thoughts occurred to me after I entered the building. The restrooms are nice. The frosted glass doors have a W for women and M for men in the etching. Whoa, that mirror is a work of art. It couldn't have cost anything less than a grand. The sinks are cool. Yeah all this is nice, very ni... Uh-oh. Crap- the paper towels aren't in a dispenser. They are just lying on the counter top. That is a dead give away the place is expensive.
- It wasn't terrible though- 20 bucks for 12 and up for the buffet.
- Altatac always has an item or two that is sooo cheap it must be a loss leader to get their foot in your door. Said items will be so cheap you'll assume the site is a scam but they are legit. I bought a backpack from them for slightly less than half price advertised on other sites.
A motor vehicle accident waiting for a place to happen- without the bozo being all over the road texting. He is not in the far left hand side of that lane as he just executed a lane change- he was literally all over the road. Retarded.
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
|Yes, that is a picture of a Russian surgeon performing an appendectomy on himself- why do you ask?|
- I keep seeing Craigslist ads that say to the effect, "Barn find! 1970 Camaro!" and there will be a picture of a multicolored stack of holed through rusty debris and shattered glass that may or may not be a Camaro and in fact may or may not be a car. I always doubt it was even found in a building but regardless- that isn't a barn found car. A barn find means it was driven into the building and left. The condition may have degraded- dry rot, surface rust and mouse nests etc. but the impression should be and it might even take a bit of imagination is you squirt a little Marvels Mystery Oil in the cylinders, put a hot battery on her and some fresh gas in the tank, air up the tires and after a couple hours tinkering- you drive away.
- A kid from Padre Island was killed in Gaza. He was in the Golani Brigade. What a wild world we live in.
- Phillip Seymour Hoffman supposedly failed to take an accountant's advice to provide for his children with a trust fund saying he didn't want them to turn into, " trust fund kids." Maybe he was saying what he thought he was supposed to say. If everything in the world is all or nothing it would be just as easy if in his shoes say, I don't want a trust fund for my children as I do not mind the thought of them being homeless and having to sell their bodies for food.
- The nurse practitioner in my doctor's office is smart, to the point and a practical thinker- I like that. The NP at my children's first pediatrician's office was known for people refusing to bring their children to see the actual doc, they would wait for work-ins to see the ANP and walk past the physician.
- Unsolicited career path advice: you could do a lot worse than mid level medicine such as becoming a nurse practitioner after a few years as an RN.
- The 2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat will come with 2 sets of keys- one allows the possessor to access 707 horsepower the other a measly 500+.
- I have lump in my throat and butterflies in my stomach just reading that.
- Here, be titillated , disgusted or inspired by a story of conjoined twins finding love with one man
Monday, September 1, 2014
|This may have been the first time my children were refreshed by a fresh picked wild plum.|
- FG gets mad because she says everybody down here says she has green or hazel eyes . She said she had not even heard of hazel eyes before. She is adamant her eyes are blue. Its OK babe- its all good, cuz we totally see colors different down here- in fact, when we see one we don't like- we just make up another name for it.
- We went to Coyote Drive In in Funkytown last night (06/14/2014). Verdict: it was OK. Way too many people were there who were oblivious to general polite behavior and are not familiar with drive in etiquette in particular. There is too much ambient light around there although the full moon itself didn't help any either. There was intermittent blowing of train horns from a nearby track and light from an adjacent stadium and twice helicopters made a lazy loop nearby to check out the screen. The food was very good. I had a pizza that was as good as any pretty good pizza I have ever had. We watched Maleficent and Edge Of Tomorrow although it took about 10 to maybe 15 minutes for me to figure out exactly how each would play out.
The lighting terrible but I like the slightly 3D quality to this flower pic.
FG thought this looked like a bird of paradise. Although there is such a thing this is not a BOP flower. I just thought it interesting her mind went there.
- If you clean out the lint trap on a dryer halfway through a dryer cycle, of course there will be less lint on your clothes but they also seem to dry faster- how/why?
- On Earth Day my hot nursing buddy and I went out to purview and snag some swag from vendors. As I took note of a Tarrant County Sheriff's deputy eye raping my buddy I turned to her and glanced back to him. When I did he shot me the angriest look of absolute disgust I ever seen. I said, Uh, good morning. How are you? a little shocked at his very blatant and obvious eye rapiness and taken aback at his looking at me like his fantasies had turned to my early demise at his hands. I then looked looked down at their swag. He jerked some piece of crap I had picked up out of my hands and said, You don't get nothing- you called me man! I said, That's not what I said and turned to walk away and ignored him as he tried to call me back. He heard what he wanted to hear to have an excuse to shoot me down in front of his new found fantasy masturbation visual. The worst thing about this? Tell me he doesn't do the same on the street to get to taze or rough people up. Well, you can tell me but I won't believe it and you and I both know it is true.
- Another related thought: I know it is a tired old saw but he was literally hiding behind his badge and gun. That stupid looking bucket of pus wouldn't so much as give me a dirty look out of the uniform. What a punk.
- Applebees in Weatherford is unbelievably bad. It stinks like a slaughterhouse or a poorly run nursing home or a slaughterhouse operating in the back of a poorly run nursing home and the service and food is sooo bad we could literally hear nothing but complaints to the manager and servers from other tables yesterday (06/14/2014). The food was only barely edible and I would have walked out after the first bite if we weren't literally starving. This is the second time the visit played out the exact same way. Two strikes and you're out.
- Recently FG's mom reported to her on my activity outside the home home one day she had witnessed. It was no big deal but I didn't like it. What have I got hide you ask? Well, nothing- that is exactly why I didn't like It. I don't need to be monitored, therefore it perturbs me a bit.