Tuesday, December 12, 2017
Monday, December 11, 2017
- It is 0623 on 12/10/2017. We are at Fort Richardson State Park and the sun is just trying to come up.
- We did the ghosts of Xmas past last night. It was OK but nothing like previous years.
- In a stroke of genius I chose a cabin instead of a tent for our lodging last night.
- Yesterday I saw a painted bunting for the first time in my life.
Best part of fall/winter- found coat pocket money baby!
- Zac played with kids camping next door until nearly 10 o'clock last night. I asked one where he was from from. Texas! was his reply.
Strawberry cheesecake French toast- what a time to be alive.
- The stars were incredibly bright overnight.
- Zac builds the fires when we camp nowadays.
- Nowadays- one weird word.
I still have books from the bookstore I bought on post in Bad Hersfeld in 1985 or 1986.
- I emailed a couple of guys from my Army days at Bad Hersfeld Germany last night. One address was long dead but still hope to hear from the other.
- One was the armorer. He was from Mount Pisgah South Carolina. After getting gigged on my weapon once again I asked him to show me what he expected and how to get there. Another time I happened to ask him what was going on- he indicated he was stressing over an impending inspection. I told him I had nothing else better to do- I would help him. We touched weapons up and listened to country music and talked about fishing for a few hours. Consequently- after that day when we came out of the field I would just hand my weapon off to him and I'd walk out and go party. He would not even look at it.
- Life pro tip: Learn what wheels to grease kids.
Thursday, December 7, 2017
|Needle and a spoon on the dash of my truck. I wonder what the cops would think about that?|
- Wendy's makes some pretty good salads.
I won't say what I first thought I saw when I saw this white board out of the corner of my eye.
- Today one of my brand new tires was low when I went outside, so I went to my local convenience store to use the air compressor- in the pouring rain. Pouring rain which predictably stopped as soon as I got it aired up and was getting back in the truck.
- Pro tip: after you get new tires if one of them is low soon afterwards- when you air it up fill it about 10 pounds over recommended pressure and then let the air back out down to where it needs to be.
The first bite I've ever taken from one of those candy coated donuts in my whole life. Verdict: Meh.
- One of my ex's had real nice legs and super pretty feet. Coincidentally, she liked to ride with her bare feet resting up on the dash of the car. Two or three different times we busted dudes just staring at her feet like total freak shows. One actually drifted over into our lane and nearly hit us- and he still couldn't take his eyes off of her legs and feet.
- He Looked mesmerized.
- Although it was at least 20 years ago- I can picture that scene like it was yesterday.
- That still trips me out.
- It still trips me out...
- This morning 10/23/2017 I took note of a coworkers nice haircut and gave her a compliment- a compliment I oddly backed up by asking if she did it herself...
- Holy smokes- fail.
Does not look appealing to me.
- I'm supposed to go dove hunting this year for the first time in years.
- Zac can pop his back like mad.
- The spoon was from a parfait I ate in the truck. I tossed up it there to take into work and drop in the recycles. The needle is clean- it was from me drawing a shot up and changing the needle for injection into the patient. I dropped the capped and clean (not sterile) needle in my pocket intending to place it a sharps on returning to my office. I placed it on the dash to drop in a sharps container the next day.
- So yeah- It was a legit, albeit slightly sketchy looking scene.
- One of my favorite songs.
|Evolution did a good job on this little guy. He even has fake lichen on his back. You just about could not see him against the log I caught him under. And against the bark of the tree he would have done well also I think.|
Sunday, December 3, 2017
Friday, November 24, 2017
Tuesday, November 21, 2017
|How to know you're getting old- your first thought is 1996?! Legal to drink!? Wouldn't they still be in junior high or somethin?!|
- This morning I was out of allergy pills but I did have some nasal spray. Being fearful that my allergies were really about to act up I did 4 shots of the nasal spray.
- It feels like my heart could explode.
- Honestly- plus I'm nervous and shaky.
- I could not be more disappointed in a coworker than I am right now.
- It is easy to figure out who you can like at work. It is important to know who you can trust.
- Zac and I walked all the way around Sunshine Lake this past weekend 11/19/2017.
- Recently I saw a parakeet in the parking lot at work. It was a little surreal.
- I had a theory- As Louis CK goes- so goes the rest. If he is forgiven- there is hope...
- The reality though doesn't sound very forgiving for him though at present.