to get in the Christmas spirit. Here, Tom Waits does his best to help.
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
|Zac feeding Muskovie ducks at Holland Lake.|
|This is a well designed and built drain for the lake that will eventually get overwhelmed as they don't clean it enough. Also, it would be much less of an issue if trees were aggressively cut back upstream.|
- A headline earlier said to the effect, ________ ____________ set designer for ______________ show announces he's gay! I feel sorry for people like that not because they're homosexual but because nobody cares. And anyway- it was a surprise to who? And again- Nobody. Cares.
- Waffles were never on my menu until way into my adult life but rest assured I have made up for lost waffleness with abandon.
- After a sale price, gift card , free shipping and selling a friend my old one, my new watch came out so cheap I couldn't afford to not buy it.
I like Fuzzy's. I like the fact that their cups are well made and highly reusable but man, you can't go anywhere around here that you don't see one in the water or beside a trail etc.
The finished product of FGs sanding and staining efforts. It has evened out and looks much better in real life.
- I would be shocked- blown away if North Korea doesn't act up after seeing the way the Iranians handed us our rear ends in their nuke deal with the West.
- A blurb I read earlier about a survey reported that the trend is now for women to let their private parts get bushier. It was based partly apparently on what women had been told by their male partners that a bushier," more natural " look was their preference . As the representative of the male sex I can confidently say there is not a chance that is true- Not. A. Chance. Part of the problem comes from the source- guys asked by a woman about his preference for anything is going to tell the woman what he thinks she wants to hear 100% of the time- not the truth. Also, the study came out of the UK.
- Some jokes write themselves.
Monday, December 2, 2013
|How to tell if pasketti noodles are done- take a strand and throw it against the cabinet door. If it sticks you're good to go.|
- 11/24/2013 My moms first name was Vera- she hated it.
- It is freezing rain outside. Although it is a ridiculous thought because I would be miserable, I wish I were in a tent somewhere dragging myself out of a sleeping bag.
- The best Army slang for anything? A sleeping bag is called a fart sack. Isn't that the best?
I found this little skull, drilled it out and glued it onto this pencil and gave it to the medical records clerk in my office for Halloween.
Found in Town Creek. Those are crumbled up soda crackers.
- 11/23/2013 at 2132 there is a simply awful SYFY movie on called Stonado. The premise seems to be there is a tornado that is full of stones. Said stones explode when they're touched after landing. There are not words for how terrible that movie is. The actors seem mostly competent but literally mortified to be in that abortion of a movie.
- We had passable crepes at the Country Ranch Cafe (I think that is what it is called) on Main street. The coffee was exquisitely terrible though. It was so bad it was interesting to savor the flavor and ruminate over the cup- it even smelled bad.
- Last night (11/22/2013) I went into the attic to oil that screaming turbine. There was a
grizzly bear wolverinesquirrel face to face with me when I first drug myself up. He was huge. I didn't get a picture but I did get a picture of the sparrow it had torn to shreds and left in front of it's nest. He stretched himself out behind a joist to hide from me after leaving the nest.
- We went to Copper Creek last night (11/20/2013). The food was good, the atmosphere great and the music awesome. Kirk House was there jamming. We carried the last part of the show with him by making all the requests. I requested Jolene- in the manner of Jack White. He played around with it for a minute but felt like he hadn't practiced it enough to play it publicly. We requested Country Boy Can Survive. He busted out laughing and said, OK, I'll try not to blackify this too much but if I do, don't hold it against me- it just comes natural. He is a good, super talented guy.
- I want love to walk right up and bite me grab a hold of me and fight me leave me dying on the ground.
Thursday, November 28, 2013
- Three things I think about when I hear of someone being busted for porn or other crimes on their computer: The first two involve this laptop- recently I discovered a pic of a woman breast feeding a baby in the pictures folder. There is not even a chance I downloaded it myself intentionally and I don't think anyone else has even touched the computer since I bought it new. Another: I vaguely remember scanning through the picture taking/editing software on the same computer. Software, which I found later automatically snaps a pic of you from the integral camera as you click on each new backdrop. I probably had pants on, but did not have a shirt- who would believe it though if they looked at those really gay looking pics of me without clothes on from the top of my crotch up? Also, evidently years ago I left a log in up on Youtube account on a computer on an Army base. Months later I got on again and found messages literally threatening my life for unspecified racist comments that there is not even a chance I made.
- Before and after- well, after and before pic of car and my assistant who helped me get it cleaned up. In case you're wondering: while engine is warm squirt dishwashing detergent on everything then with a garden hose with spray attachment lightly spray everything to get it foamed up then- blast it all off. If unusually dirty use Simple Green also, then after your through squirt an Armor All type product over everything. Ta Da!
- Someone you've never heard of- Hasil Adkins singing No More Hot Dogs.
- And yes you heard him right,"I’m gonna put your head on my wall Just like I told you, baby You can’t talk no more Can’t eat no more hot dogs Eat no more ho’ot dogs, I’m gonna put your head, a-put it on my wall." He had quite a few songs featuring decapitation as a theme. He was a weird guy all the way up to and including his death- he was run over by a kid he didn't even know on an ATV while standing in his front yard and died a few days later.
- Are all of Kevin Costner's movies plodding epics that are 45 minutes too long or does it just seem that way?
- Not sure if the children's dog is a genius or mentally retarded: when I'm ready to give him away or save everyone involved the trouble and strangle the life out of him he comes and lies down on my feet- which were freezing.
- That dog loves coffee and will risk life and limb to get some - literally as in when I set my cup down on the floor and doze in the recliner I'll usually awaken to the sound of slurp slurp as he guzzles the last of my delicious beverage.
- Dog still does not have a name.
- Wow, all of this is from an old draft!
- I busted out yesterday (11/24/2013) on the icy steps like a slapstick cartoon character. Both of my feet went out from under me and I landed with a crash on the concrete steps. I can barely walk this morning but I guess I will live.
Found in a parking lot. They're prescription amphetamines.
From a vaccine shipment. It is a disposable tattle tell that alerts you if the shipment got too hot or too cold en route. Amazing, something that couldn't have been dreamed of only some years ago is today tossed in the trash at its final destination.
Granite gravel formed in a seasonal creek in Turner Falls.
It started with rocks more like this size- they're were ground against a rock basin over time by the force of running water.