Sunday, July 16, 2017
Wednesday, July 12, 2017
- Whitecentric radio stations play ads for investment opportunities, foundation repair companies, lake lots and pills to make your weiner either harder or longer.
- Blackcentric radio stations play ads for payday loan places, payday loan relief places, cel phone plans, personal injury lawyers and night clubs.
- This past weekend (today is 11/14/2016) the only productive things I did were laundry and clean the kitchen- otherwise I slept and watched Teh Walking Dead.
- The always comes out as teh the first time I type it.
- Finally I tried Tastykake brand buttered iced cupcakes. Verdict: good to very good.
- The front desk staff where I work gave me a cookie with a flag made of red, white and blue icing on it for Veteran's Day.
- This past weekend I watched Shut In. It was literally terrible. My date took it personally that I recognized it as a terrible movie.
- The theater had the reclining electric seats though- very nice. I wanted to take a nap there.
- From the Blogfather: "If someone condescendingly says, "We live in a Republic, not a Democracy!" I'm guessing that's about the only thing they know about government." If I disagreed with virtually everything he says- I could not argue that point. He is absolutely correct in that assessment.
Monday, July 10, 2017
- Not unusual: I awoke this morning feeling like a pound and a half of dog mess that had been stuffed into a one pound bag. Kinda different: I have been up for only 17 minutes now and feel like a million dollars.
- At the old Decatur dump trash was just thrown out on the ground. When there got to be too much- it was set on fire. As a bonus, there were self serve pits dug by backhoe where people could dump dead animals. I had to go check it out every time we went and look at the dead calves and dogs.
- Bonus information: when people left they often took home more stuff than they dumped.
A boy and his dog. I sent this to somebody who replied, That made me so happy I cried! Easily impressed I guess.
- Rock is not dead. Rock being made today is as good any- ever.
- The last set of tires I bought for my present truck cost 800 dollars. Holy smokes. Tires for the first truck I bought in my married life could be found on sale for 100 buck for a set of 4. I freaked plum out when the second set for the same truck cost me 125 buck.
- I could have spent less (as in 40% less) on my new tires but I would have had to wait 1-2 days for them to get the cheaper set from another store and then I would have to come back for the mounting. I did not want to wait- nor did I want to risk driving any distance without a spare.
- There were long periods in my life when I could not have even dreamed of thinking like that.
- Update (07/11/2017) I looked at my receipt. The kid at Discount Tire overcharged me by 100 buck by sticking me with the road hazard thing which, I had specifically declined in my conversation opener about the tires in first place.
- It is cool this time I guess. I do not tempt fate in situations like this- so will not argue the point.
- Bonus update: the tires were actually a little over 800 buck. There are plenty of cars in my past that did not cost me 800 buck.
- Full length 1949 Batman movie.