Friday, April 29, 2016
Thursday, April 28, 2016
- This past weekend (07/25/2015) we went to MWSP and rented kayaks. Once the worker put said 'yaks in the water Zac asked , So, how do we do this? I don't know bubba- stay in the shallows and paddle around until we figure it out I guess. was my honest reply. In the end we figured it out and had a blast.
- Recently I read a supposedly true account of hand to hand combat in Iraq by one of our troops. It read like a reenactment of the hand to hand scene in Saving Private Ryan and another movie with updates and flourishes to make it seem more realistic. Interestingly, he goes to lengths before and after that story to name names of people who saw his exploits but he seemed magically by himself when the mano e mano brutalities started. I'm not saying it didn't happen but if I was a sceptic and looking for holes to punch in the story- the similarities to the movie version of hand to hand and lack of witnesses would be the first places I would go.
- A year or so ago I made the mistake of sending some flowers by Proflowers after hearing about a special deal on the TICKET. They actually billed my card more than the price before the supposed discount at checkout. I complained- they offered a 20 dollar discount on my next order. I am literally exhausted from the Emails I receive from those awful people every time I tell somebody I am thinking of them or I am sorry from injustice they have suffered. What would it take to ruin them? They deserve it.
- Anway, if you do business with them you are a moron and deserve whatever they do to you.
- It is 0435 on 08/07/2015. Earlier two prostitutes came into the place I was having breakfast and picked up tons of takeout.
- It is 1956 on 08/08/2015 and I am watching Serena. If not the worst movie I have ever watched- it is definitely the worst I have seen today.
Wednesday, April 27, 2016
- Recently a video showing a person from Planned Parenthood alledgedly negotiating the sale of baby parts has emerged. There is not much of an outrage apparent except from pro lifers. I do not care what you think about abortion- if they were discussing the sale of puppy and kitten parts (even if euthanized legally and humanely) there would be incomparable outrage. You could just about bet that by now people would be dead and there is not a chance some people's houses would not have burned. There is something wrong with that fact- it is a big, huge stinking problem that demonstrates everything that is wrong with how we process and act on information.
- Supposedly Caligula had the head of Incitatus chopped off. I have my doubts especially as I think we have been told that by Suetonius. Take anything Suetonius tells you with a grain of salt I always say- don't you?
- Do I have to take back thinking Suetonius said that about the death of Incitatus? Except for the mention in a blog and a couple of forums now that I look it up I can't find the source for the origin of that story.
- I would like to see the obelisk Caligula had brought from Egypt to Rome.
- A funny thing about Caligula- it was actually a nic name which he disliked. It meant, Little Boots.
- Thanks for tuning in to Psychotic Roman Emporer Talk with your old buddy Kev!
- A new watch and pocket knife are on my list for myself for Christmas presents.
- Scott Weilland died last night. The DJ I first heard the news from this morning referred to the death as shocking. It may be a shock to the system of his fans but the death was far from surprising.
- This morning (04/05/2016) I started In Bruges. I knew they would probably say, Bruges and even, In Bruges early on so people who didn't know how to pronounce it and wouldn't be stressing over the pronunciation and they did say it 3 times in the first 4 minutes but I am about 19 minutes into it and it seems like they have said, Bruges 23 times. I have heard nothing but good about it and yeah- so far- so good.
Tuesday, April 26, 2016
Monday, April 25, 2016
- Recently (today is 02/24/2016) I saw a conference room that was packed with women. What was the subject matter you ask? It was a how to seminar on breastfeeding. How did we get we get to this point?!
- First world problems...
- Both of my take out places know my number on caller ID or if they miss that they know my voice as soon as I start speaking and say, Hey Kevin- how are you? You want your usual?
- There were two big shockers from my visit to Winstar. The first was how overwhelming the experience was; the lights, the sounds- literally stimulus overload. They must do this to disorient you. They allow smoking in there and not only the fact that smoking is allowed there- the raw numbers of people present who smoked was a mind blower. The smell permeated my outer layer of clothes to the point even my underwear stank to high heaven. I was nauseated, coughing and my eyes were still burning the next day.
- The manager at Cracker Barrel in Gainseville has managed another one I have visited- maybe in Oklahoma? We had never eaten at the Gainsville location but knew for a fact he was familiar.
- Back to the casino- I Do. Not. Get. I was not even tempted to gamble and cannot comprehend why a person would be tempted. It must be the way we are wired.
- I love the Red Green Show and have watched it since the first episode. Graham Greene played Edward KB Montrose- my favorite character. He was a hard of hearing First Nation explosives expert.
- Earlier today a friend saw me me limping and holding head (I am in bad shape) She asked, Do you have a headache? Yeah, it is kinda bad and my back is bothering me. I replied. Do you want an ibuprofen? she asked. No I think I will be OK. I took a Naproxen already. What about a Vicodin? She asked in all seriousness.
Wednesday, April 20, 2016
- Overheard at another table, Well I've certainly got nothing against young girls but some of them bring it upon themselves- they're so forward...
- He was was a leader in a church I used to attend.
- Your life pro tip: when some butt wipe starts off a conversation by saying he has nothing against a group of people- he is lying.
- Tried to Watch Blade Runner last night again. I know it is a great classic, I love the idea and yes it even has its moments for me but I can't get into it. I have fallen asleep at least twice watching it and another time got bored and quit.
- I wish they would remake it.
- Ate at the Woodshed Saturday (08/22/2015). It was very mediocre but hey, at least it was expensive and hot.
- In case you didn't know- part of their bit is no A/C. Yes, you read that right. A hundred degrees with a heat factor of
104death by fire and you sit in a crowd of people in a semi enclosed area. A couple of the servers and hostesses looked like they were literally about to fall out with heat exhaustion.
- The music was really good though. It was interesting to hear a female cover a Beatles song.
- Sunday we had brunch at Vintage in Weatherford. I had the gloppiest, greasiest, sorriest fried chicken in the history of the world but on the plus side I didn't have to drive that far to get it, so there is that I guess.
- My Nook will no longer download books. I presume the downloads are getting redirected secondary to some malware and so the download fails but I do not know.
- Fear Teh Walking Dead premiered last night. Verdict: skirt not blown up but withholding judgement.
- Yeah, I saw the,"Teh" instead of The up there. It made me grin so I left it.