- This is really big- big news; a first folio of Shakespeare's works has been discovered in France. On the same page was a link to a story about some controversy related to Dancing With The Stars. I accidentally clicked on it. I still feel kinda dirty.
- Someday you should watch Existo. I'm not saying you'll be a better person for it or even like it- just everybody ought to give it a try.
A bad day.
- Legalization of pot is one of those things that will happen so we need to accept it and wrap out heads around it. The way people in general and our government view the subject shows a lack of critical thinking skills and pragmatism. The first thing it is compared to is heroin or meth as people fear the use of weed will lead to the use of harder stuff. It doesn't now and will be even less likely when it is legal. A better comparison is alcohol as alcohol is extremely dangerous- literally deadly and it is not only legal, its use and acceptance is practically a religious conviction here,
- No, I don't smoke it and don't know where I could get it but it is literally ridiculous that it is illegal where I live. Anyway, think about it- 40 year long drug war and and over 2 million pounds of marijuana are seized every year?! Ha! Kev that shows you don't know what you're talking about: 2 million pounds are seized! Easy there tiger. It is probably more than that now- and as I said earlier I wouldn't know where to start looking if I wanted the stuff but I would bet my life If I looked, I could have all I wanted before the sun went down this evening.
I am not sure what kind of gifts are in the offing here but people stagger in and out of there all day (but mostly after dark).
Crackheads be rollin'.
- It is very rare I dream about my dad but I had a very sentimental one this morning (11/26/2014). He was visiting me as I was working on a project to build a lake. There were scrapers motoring around and I was pushing both the dirt and labor crews. He was somehow old but at the same time looked about like he did when he died. He was asking me about the project. He seemed proud. It was nice.
- I know where some of that came from- when I was a boy we drove by one of the quarry near Chico. Two guys were racing scrapers down a haul road like a couple of maniacs. It came out in a related conversation that my dad had been an equipment operator in another life. I determined right then that is what I would do and as an adult operated various equipment for many years.
I was aware Can Tex made pipe but this ceramic one crossing Town creek is the first I have ever seen in use.
- Being affected by seasonal allergies is sucky and I'm sorry to anyone I may have been less than sympathetic to years ago who was suffering in my presence. If you read between the lines you may gather I was never bothered by allergies until my early 40s and then they came on with a vengeance and get worse every year. At this rate I'll be one big snot bubble by the time I'm 60.
- If money were no object I would have a Dodge Challenger built up to look like Snot Rod from Cars.
- Thanks for tuning in to Snot Talk With Kev.
Thursday, March 5, 2015
Wednesday, March 4, 2015
|This building in Poolville has always intrigued me because of it's old fashioned look.|
- The Gros michel strain of banana was the West's banana of choice until a disease process severely threatened it and the cultivar we eat now- the Cavendish was ramped up to replace it. Supposedly Gros Michel has a much superior flavor which is still evidenced by older varieties of banana flavored candies which were based on Gros Michel. They are very sweet and way more banana-ie flavored.
Pecan trees across Lost Creek from the hospital at Fort Richardson
Mesquites were there at the time the post was active but nothing like now.
- Yesterday (12/15/2014) there was an 80's model Bronco up on the concrete divider on 20 on the way to work.
- I hardly ever say commute- it seems slightly pretentious and I don't know why.
- The Cocoanut Grove fire was the worst night club disaster in US history. As with plenty of other tragedies some good came out of the situation- the way burn victims are triaged and treated and multiple fire code changes. One of the stand out stories was of Coastie Clifford Johnson who went back in at least 4 times to try and find his date. He was burned over 55% of his body making him the most extensively burned person to survive to that date. He married one of his nurses after recovering. To be filed under are you %$#^&;* kidding me universe ?! He would burn to death 14 years later in a car wreck.
- Really universe- I mean come on.
Secret to my success
- That is Naproxen up there in case you're wondering.
- After telling a one time patient he was HIV postive he said as he teared up, Can I use your restroom? I don't want my ride to see my like this. He stepped into the staff restroom and broke down. You could hear his heart break.
- I misspelled break up there by writing brake first and it took way too long to catch the error.
- New York after solving all it's other problems has banned pet tattoos.
So I'm driving down the road in the middle of nowhere after leaving Black Creek Lake and I see this pooch. I stop and open the door and say, Whats up? He jumps in like we're best buddies and he has been wondering what took me so long.
I drive to the nearest house to see if that was where he belonged. He said, Adios. I'm outta here! and jumped out and started sniffing butts and licking private parts with his buddies.
Monday, March 2, 2015
- Last night (05/17/2014) I dreamed that in South Africa during Apartheid a group of little people were the underclass instead of blacks. The two groups were Momos and Jeemos. I was an outsider who was well accepted as I had lived there for years and was integrated. A group of us guys were standing around a horse trough jaw jacking while watching a blacksmith work (did I mention it was old west appearing?). After I mentioned it unusual but good to see a small and normal stature person working together the normal statured person heartily laughed and said, Fifteen years ago the boss hired us after making us promise to never fight and never tell anybody which of us is Momo and which is Jeemo! Then a cowboy picking up a huge monitor lizard and starting singing a musical number. The monitor snapped it's tail like a bullwhip to the music.
- It was so ridiculous I awoke laughing.
You'll fall over when you enlargenate the discharge and figure out the who and what.
- A lot of my dreams roll like movies filmed in Dutch Angles.
- Those new tacos and taquitos with the shells made of Doritos? When I first saw the ads I thought they were not only ridiculous but gross and call me weird I don't want my food products to have the descriptor gross assigned to them in any way. Yeah, I'm kinda weird that way. Recently I have been forced to eat a couple different iterations of the tacos and taquitos both. My apologies Doritos- they are awesome! I mean literally- what took so long?!
- I watch enough Spanish language videos on Youtube that Spanish language ads sometimes default in regardless of the content I'm viewing.
- If I had to choose to be one super it would be Batman but as a kid I always identified more of course with Spiderman.
Thursday, February 26, 2015
|"Kevin!" Somebody who didn't like me was being nice (and that is nice).|
- Today (01/09/2015) as I drove through a drive-through of a Whataburger (pronounced Water- burger in the parlance of my homeland) the girl in the window tried to flirt with me a bit. She took note of my state of dress (short sleeves in 30 degree weather) and said, Where is your jacket or sweater? Aren't you cold? I replied, Nah, I'm good. I'm hot blooded. She handed me my change and then said, Oh, you're not much of a morning person? (although it was fairly late in the afternoon). She realized what she had said and went red all over and tried to backtrack. I said, Its all good- here this is for you and gave her a tip. She was gorgeous- literally beautiful. I don't know her story but could make some guesses. She was covered in tattoos. She seemed smart, funny and personable but not as any of them those as she had probably been in the past. Something derailed her. She didn't belong there but maybe kind of did...
FG painted this.
- Here, have some Sex Pistols
- Yesterday (01/13/2015) I initial dosed a patient on some medications. Approximately 30 minutes later she said, Kevin I don't feel right. My face is burning. I feel weird. and then a minute later she said, Hey, I'm starting to itch. Me being the smartest guy in the room and learning in nursing school that it isn't normal nor advantageous to have a burning face, feel weird nor itch, I quickly whipped up a referral to the emergency department and sent her to the hospital.
- Although that particular case was cut and dried- a lot of what I do consists of knowing when to make my problems other people's problems.
- It is 02/25/2015 and snowing like mad. The big thing now is talk of the 50 Shades of Gray movie. I won't watch it as it looks incredibly boring and dumb- even worse than the horrifically bad book. Soon though, all the news stories will be about people damaging themselves and presenting to emergency departments acting out the dumb things they saw in that dumb movie. Also, watch for the reports centered around kids and their antics after they watch it.
- Think of the kids!
|At Fort Richardson. Which of the 3 do you like?|
Thursday, February 12, 2015
Sing it out
Boy you've got to see what tomorrow brings
Sing it out
Girl you've got to be what tomorrow needs
Wednesday, February 11, 2015
|If you have a back ache or other muscle pains splooge some muscle rub into some alcohol and drop in 3 aspirins. Shake well then pour into a hot bath- feel better.|
- Recently (today is 01/11/2015) I have seen multiple screen grabs and clips from different videos of Edward Snowden. I may just be me but he looks ten years older. What a complicated, divisive story his is. Everybody is either Team Edward or they want to see him fry. He won't be forgotten. Also, there will come a time when people want to see him come back home.
- I always misthink his first name as Eric- every time I hear or see the word, Snowden.
- Misthink isn't a word? Huh, well- it is now.
Letter to Zac from his friend Victoria and Dallas
- Sucker- what I am for any contest, sweepstakes or otherwise giveaways of any type and it isn't clear to me why this is true. My dad may have been the same way though as I have a vague [possibly incorrect] recall of him entering drawings etc. and I know he would give me approval when I would enter them.
After the last North Texas earthquake- when will our long national nightmare end?
- The neighbor guy kept the 2 cats when his girlfriend left. Excuse me sir, I need to see your Man-Card please...
- President Obama wants free two year college for all. With no malice in my heart [and feeling like he is right if we weren't broke] this is Liberalism at it's worst, most extreme, it's logical conclusion and most idealistic. We are broke and spending money as fast as we can print it. No good entry level jobs are being created to speak of and spending more money is going to fix our problems?!
- One way to know this won't fix our problems- people with good bachelors degrees now can't find a job.
Everything needs rescue and everybody wants to be a rescuer these days.
- Just about every day my back gets a long, hot soaking in the tub. When my children are here they get the run of the television during my escapism. Due to their thinking they're smarter than me I can tell when they're watching something they know I would disapprove of as they will turn the volume down so low I won't be so sure they haven't turned the television completely off.
- VOX Explains