- Norm McDonald is an awful actor and a mediocre comedian yets we all love him. Why is that- is it because we all love him that well, we all love him?
- Willy Nelson is a great songwriter and decent guitarist but that voice- yikes, yet we all love him. Have you ever heard him singing Crazy? It is creepy.
- A one time patient was placed on home isolation since she may have been infectious until lab results were available that proved she was OK and could go back to work. She called and nearly frantically said, I really need my lab results so I'll know if I can go back to work. She called from the office I personally recalled her stating she worked at. Ahem, little miss patient- allow me to introduce you to a thing we like to call Caller ID. Also, I will translate your part of our conversation into the language of truthiness: Kevin, I need to know my lab results so I'll know if I have to stay at home like I was ordered and not infect any more innocent people with an awful disease...
- I have known exactly one pathological liar in my lifetime. It would be easy to focus on the damage that person caused by their need to lie but I was always struck by how much harder they made their own life in that they would lie when the truth would fit better. I mean, if they said Good morning, you automatically checked your watch. I will say though, over time your expectations were lowered. You simply didn't believe a word they said and did not adapt your thinking or what you did based on anything they said.
I forget the name of this cave but it was used by prehistoric people for shelter. Retarded vandalism Same view people had thousands of years ago when they would wake up in the morning. Magic Bullet outside Meramec Caverns Lone Biker of the Apocalypse Zip line outside of Meramec Caverns. This guy sailed over us as we parked. Why yes, that goober is trying to catch a snake off the walking path in a zoo- why do you ask?
- Frank Sinatra singing Summer Winds in 1992. Summer Winds was first recorded by Wayne Newton. Bonus: Frank and Louis Armstrong singing the blues.
- I'm losing. were Sinatra's last words before he expired.
Monday, May 20, 2013
Friday, May 10, 2013
|Horse head nebula|
- I was very hyper at work yesterday (05032013). There was no hiding it or denying it- multiple people commented on it. My heart was not in the place and was not from the moment I walked in the door. I left at 10 minutes 'til quitting time- no clocking out, no checking out with anybody. I just left. I couldn't get way from the place fast enough. When I got home my back was bothering me so I tried to soak in the tub- it wasn't happening. I couldn't even sit still for that. Today I'm cool as a cucumber and look at the yesterday me as somebody I was observing but don't really know.
Tracks from Mars rover. Get your mind out of the gutter you.
- One of my nursing buddies retired recently. I was unusually busy so I didn't have a true idea of the turnout for her lunch but I sensed it was poor. I'm tempted to think she may have rubbed people the wrong way and so they were less sad to see her go than I but again, I'm not sure.
- Waffles with peanut butter on them: It is what was for breakfast.
- There is a guy who sells hardback books at First Monday 2 for 5 dollars.
- I jacked this from Keith. It's a Bollywood rip-off of the Terminator and The Matrix. It's awesomeness is awesome. I call it Terminatrix.
- Zac got a copy of Clash Of The Titans for his birthday. All is well with his world.
- By the time this publishes I'll be somewhere between our beloved Tejas and KCMO and closer to the KC. We plan to visit Laura Ingalls Wilder's home, Fantastic Caverns, Merrimac Caverns and KCMO's zoo. Also on the list will be BBQ but I don't know for sure where and a riverboat ride but I'm not where, when or type etc.
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
- Yesterday (05032013) our Xray tech was showing me his new camera in my office. During our conversation his phone rang. Saying, Here you can check it out. I need to go answer that. he left the camera in my care. That is a big mistake for you to make if you're my friend- unless you're into pictures of my butt, the pelican carving in my window, the little man and woman symbol on the bathroom door, my nursing buddies flowers, a close up of the study nurses eye, a close up of a vision chart...
- Recently a patient I knew to be a little off but mostly harmless caught me off guard. He said, You know that disease where turn from black to white? Thinking he meant vitiligo I said to the effect,"You mean the pigment disease where the skin lightens in places? He replied, Yeah, the pigment disease. My daddy had it. Shoot, my granddaddy had it- we all have it. One minute we're black the next we're Chinese, then we'll turn back black. Then one day we wake up whiter than you. The next day we might be Chinese- with the slanty eyes and all. Its hard. Its tough. Its a trip.
- I'm sure it is my friend.
- My children I believe must be watching a lot of TV when they're not around me. They beg for it here and turn into instant vegetables when I turn it on.
- A hard thing for people to get: just because a TV is present in a home doesn't mean it has to be on.
- Drop Dead Fred has been added to Netflix. I wonder how well it has aged?
- Well very often comes out as weel for me.
- Most people I encounter who believe in conspiracy theories aren't very well put together psychologically or emotionally in my opinion. They also tend to be poorly educated.
Rock bottom- you'll know when you get there.
Tuesday, May 7, 2013
- Humans are weird and irrational: You would not have to look too far to find someone for instance who works in a high rise who won't go to work on September 11 for fear of an attack. This is the same person who would drive 80 mph while doing her makeup, texting, drinking coffee all while tailgating the driver in front of her when driving to work every other day of the year.
- I wish I could remember the dream I was having this morning (05052013) right before I woke, it was pretty funny and deep? It involved an elderly former politician explaining to me as a kid how you could tell a lot about a person by how they threw a baseball. It boiled down to the one who held the power over people was the one who could hold an audiences attention rapt while he discusses the stitching of a baseball and makes you believe he knows what another person thinks or feels based on how they handle a ball.
- We're going to Scarborough Faire today. If we don't open the place we'll at least get there early. We didn't tell the children we're going, just got everybody bathed and fed and put in bed reasonably early last night.
- This computer is still randomly jumping up a line and my typing ends up in the middle of the previous thought. I must be hitting a key stroke short cut I'm not aware of but it is annoying. It comes out a jumbled mess. Ha-ha, I get it- just like it starts in my brain.
- Mudvayne Scream With Me
Monday, May 6, 2013
- Uh, the attempted murder of a civilian by a US soldier. I was the principal witness and first to report it. A response I cautiously use in mixed company as an answer to questions such as, What was the weirdest/wildest/saddest/scariest etc. thing you saw in Iraq?
- Yes, polite dinner conversation comes to a screeching halt.
- Strictly speaking it involved a discharge of a weapon multiple times into the cab of a vehicle unnecessarily, without provocation and without regard for whether the person inside was killed or wounded. The shooter was wanting to gitsum so he set the shooting up to have plausible deniability- he just didn't know there was a witness.
- Lasers have gone from huge (and hugely expensive) research objects to cheap key chain curiosities in my lifetime.
- I think I'm going to get braces for my teeth.
- "How many women have you ever kissed?" A question asked of my friend recently by a woman he's dating.
- They're in their forties.
- I have intentionally left out for the most part political talk on this blog. When I realized that political thought is a part of me and I should put those thoughts here so people could get to know me and I could look back on those thoughts later I determined to write more about my political thoughts. To make up for lost time and as a bit of a goof I thought it might be interesting to write every day or every few days for a month on the same post and then publish it later. I tried it. It looked like a psychotic rant- if I accidentally died in a car wreck and caused some kind of conflagration the news would have called it a, "rambling manifesto" and ask, Why did he try to take as many people out with him as he could when he killed himself...
- My nursing buddy won't hardly look at me much less speak to me. The reason why is yesterday (04252013) we got into a screaming and cursing match when she was wrong and wouldn't turn loose of something and topped it off by basically saying I was lying and remembered something incorrectly. She also did these things very publicly trying to make a fool of me.
- The short answer is- I let her get under my skin.
- Win an argument- lose a friend.
Zac's first selfie. These acorns came from a tree I know was planted the same year or a year or two prior to my moving to Weatherford. Leaves of three, fill your pockets with me... No, wait that can't be right. Leaves of three, won't hurt thee... Found in the woods near Sunshine Lake. It is either a hide for an animal trap or the hut of the remnants of a tribe of very tiny native Americans. Mmm dakn gobble gorfin! var ernge? Translation: Dad this orange is good! Can I have another? Here, have some cleavage. Just don't tell friend-girl I showed it to you. I pronounce it in the manner of the French- Cleh-vahge. What is that!? Friend-girls reaction to seeing this plant. Retarded vandalism.
Somebody either left Sunshine Lake with less clothes than they came out with or they drowned.