My Buddy: So when are we going to get together to do that deal on the CZ (a gun)?
Me: I don't know, I'm trying to figure out a way to tie it to coercing you to hang out with me. I never see you anymore. I miss your scent. I miss your musk.
My Buddy: Uh, thanks for making things get weird. This is uncomfortable
Thursday, July 31, 2014
|Classes we should have had.|
- UFC and MMA in general are correctly getting normal prime time news coverage as boxing always received in the past. There could come a time though, when boxing basically disappears- when the risks are fully understood.
- Will MMA ever be an Olympic sport? I say yes but getting it there itself will be a battle.
- There used to be a guy who lived near Boyd who had a pig that thought he was a dog. He would come out to your truck making a woof noise while running in a pack with the other dogs. He would even try to hike his leg to pee on your tire. The guys wife put a dog collar on him. He would rub on you and beg to be petted and would sit on command.
- Wonder what happened to him? Did they eat him?
- Don't worry they probably did it slowly - over time. You know- cut off a ham here, some bacon there and then turn him out to play for a while. I mean a pig like that you don't just eat him all at once.
- My children are watching Scooby Doo (06/08/2014). It is much more terrible than I remember. Not even so bad it is good or at least charming- it is just awful.
- Patrick Warburton is doing one of the voices- what are the odds?.
- Although I know the prices of most of the services by heart and have access to the scales anyway, I am specifically forbidden from discussing fees with my patients at work. It is a blessing. It is a blessing as it keeps me from getting bogged down with money concerns and I don't cause mixed signals between the back offices and front desk. However, like most rules it has to be broken sometimes. If I'm not careful we'll lose patients who need treatment if they don't understand the visits following the first two are dirt cheap. I have had to learn to read them and explain the evaluation was the expensive part- the rest is cushion change money.
- Sex Pistols Holidays In TheSun
Wednesday, July 30, 2014
- When a headline refers to Illinois as the location of a murder you can bet they mean Chicago and just didn't want to pile on and make the city look more horrible.
- Is the same true for Michigan and Detroit?
- Vietnam has told China they're tired of their crap and they better cool it. Hey homes- you're not post US-Vietnam war good and well equipped and China's military sure ain't 1970s-1980s bad and awful. Really dude- cool it, they will hurt you and are totally looking for a do-over to the beatin' you totally heinoused them with back in the 70s and it isn't worth it brah.
- My shoulder surfer dude sometimes dabbles in international diplomacy.
- Most what would be called liberal policies are bad ideas if nothing else because they're based on emotions (specifically and oddly-guilt), politics and are unsustainable.
- Also, spending is easy when it's other peoples money. Amiright?
- Journey has been on the playlist a lot lately and it makes me surprised they had fell off the radar for years. They're amazing.
Diabetes, disability, bypass surgery- how much will this lady cost us before her heart can't take anymore and explodes?
- Something that just crossed my mind: I had a lot of close friends in Tennessee during my college days- do they ever think of me? For a while I kept in touch and in fact would drive back and see some of them but over time we lost touch. Often I sensed some liked to hang around me or at least were initially intrigued by the fact I was from Texas. Do they tell stories, I had this crazy friend once from Texas... Do they think of me at all?
- I hardly ever actually turn my camera off- I just allow it to go into power save mode.
- If I had to advise Adam Sandler what to do after his latest abortion of a film Blended I would be at a loss. He either needs quit while he still has a huge pile of money or figure out an amazing comeback.
In Clark Gardens
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Monday, July 28, 2014
- It shocks me Japan still kills their citizens for certain offenses. It is weird they do so as for over 300 years it was abolished there.
- Dumb, awful, evil, stupid, counterproductive, archaic- the thoughts that flood my mind when the death penalty subject comes up.
- The idea of modern drug cocktails being cruel and unusual though are a smokescreen and actually the abolitionists grasping at straws- I have personally been under multiple times with the drug (s) used to knock the prisoner out- you are totally and absolutely unaware of what is going on around you.
- An interesting thought: journalists, lawyers etc. should allow themselves to be put under and have their consciousness tested. That would be getting too real though I can guess.
- Good story of how government ineptitude can ruin our lives
- Being a cruise ship captain must be among the best jobs in the world while being any other crew member is probably worser than we could ever grasp. Seriously, I have never heard anything good about being in any other crew position.
- If it were up to me I'd go to bed about 8 every night read for an hour or so awaken at about 3 get a drink, stretch and read for 30 minutes or an hour then nap for an hour to hour and a half then awaken and start my day.
- No, it isn't always up to me- I have an FG and children.
- Recently I took some time off without conferring with FG. It never occurred to her I might want some me time so she promptly went off, castigating me for not including her in the decision making flow chart.
- If while looking at Craigslist ad for a car it says, "good conditions" instead of, "good condition" you can bet it is a Hispanic person selling it and in my area at least be careful it is not a salvage title rebuild that they're curbing to sell.
- Curbing: process whereby a car lot or body shop employee takes a vehicle home to make it look like a private party sale.
- The bicycle I am considering buying is a bargain at a grand. As I boy I could not have dreamed of saying that- on multiple levels especially as this is not an idle research- I'll most likely actually buy it soon.
- To fit in in my platoon in Iraq you'd have better known the words to every country song, classic rock song, present day pop and be able to adapt and quote nearly every movie to what was happening at the time.
- A guy from my platoon was getting on my buddies nerves (or at least he acted that way) while he was playing a video game. Finally he acted like he'd had enough grabbed the guy, picked him up and threw him out of the tent and said, And stay out of the Woolworths!
- Jersey barriers at our gate had, We Don't Rent Pigs! spray painted on them.
- Come back from leave and get asked how it was? You get a distant, cold stare in your eyes and say, When I was in the desert all I could think of was getting back to the world and when I was in the world all I could think of was getting back to the desert.
- Get surrounded by a pack of wild dogs on the way to the chow hall? You act like a stark raving maniac when you tell the story, I gotta remember- never leave the tent! Never leave the tent maaaaan!
- Overwatching an intersection to catch bomb placers? You're cold, bored, tired, hungry or hot or some crazy combination of the five just hoping you can shoot somebody when across the radio comes a voice in an impossibly over the top twang, Well I was drunk the day my momma got out of prison. Then another voice from another radio, And I went to pick her up in the rain. From a third radio, But, before I could get to the station in my pickup truck- she got got runned over by a danged ole train...
- Yeah, that was the kind of stuff we did.
- Guess you had to be there.