Dealing with seasonal allergy signs and symptoms is a fairly new thing for me but I know enough to know if I let them go for too long they become intractable and I get real sick- sick enought that I finally have to give up and go get a steroid shot in my little hiney.
This morning in an effort to head the symptoms off I stopped at my local Walgreens and bought some pseudoephedrine. I took 2 tabs and washed them down with an energy drink.
This seemed like a good idea at the time. When I got to the office I had a cup of coffee. This also seemed like a good idea- at the time.
Now, my heart is racing and my skin is itching. My heart is literally pounding.
I can see through time and across space.
I think I may die.
Friday, July 17, 2015
- Can't wait to see The Wolfman. When I saw the original with Lon Chaney I hid under my dads rocking chair. He would say, Well, turn it off then and go to bed! No- I can't! I cried from under the chair. Benicio Del Toro plays the werewolf this time.
- I can still smell the leather from his boots when I think about it.
- One of the trailers for Extract looks like they went out of their way to make it look sucky. You can't even tell what it's about, other than you get a vague feeling it's about a drug deal.
- Del Toro- is there a cooler last name?
- The Bull.
- The Bull
- It's cooling more quickly and feels oddly cooler in places though it's still warm- doesn't make sense to see that in writing but, you know what I mean. Fall is just around the corner.
- After a mob of teenage boys spend the night in the den it smells like pizza, feet, butts and energy drinks in there.
Monday, July 13, 2015
|From the belly dance show at SRF. It is a belly in case your wondering.|
- I've personally known two people who disbelieved man has been to the moon. They are both long dead and gone now and that's really about all remember about them but, when they cross my mind I can't get them off it- amazingly ignorant. But, I will say one of them was the first person to really challenge my thinking and force me to prove something to myself.
- Do they still make After School Specials? The only one I rememeber was about bed wetting and the kid comes home with friends to find a yellow stained bed sheet hanging in the front of the house.
- Was that one of them, or am I making that up?
- The show Strangers With Candy is based loosely on the After School Specials although in a more twisted/psychotic way.
- The flower beds and lawn in front of my old house were so awesome people would stop and look and take pictures.
- Yesterday I built up a very extensive cart at REI's online check out. Imagine my surprise when I got a 20% discount offer in an Email this morning.
- I'm buying the first raincoat since my old gigantic yellow slicker I had when I was a little boy.
- My patients and kids literally love my office aquarium.
This guy was laughing way too hard and listening way too intently during the Iris and Rose show. I think he is in love with one of them and was trying to catch her attention. He also reminds me of Nick Frost.
- When you buy a used vehicle it doesn't matter the value, number of times it has been sold or whether it is a private treaty sale or from a dealer you pay the average presumptive retail value to the county if bought in Texas. That is literally insane.
- Some day soon we'll be paying taxes- on our taxes.
I love the fact there is a castle in North Central Texas but of all the time I've visualized it this is the first time I've taken note of the window AC.
This may be the basis for my steampunk persona.
Wednesday, July 1, 2015
I thought I was going to vomit when about 20 minutes later there was an explosion in the direction of Fallujah and tracer rounds started flying all around where I knew their route to be.
They would have been closer to Fallujah so would have plowed through to there to get any casualties treated and recover and didn't come back to our base.
I intentionally avoided any opportunity to learn about the fates of those Marines.
Thursday, June 25, 2015
- It is 6 AM and I'm in Amarillo.
- Within the next couple of days after scouting Palo Duro and some other nearby sites I intend to invade New Mexico.
- Writing this on a tablet is really hateable.
- My friend wants me to say a prayer for her in one of the nice old Catholic chapels in NM. She said I would know the right one when I saw it.
- In the montage I just saw the people the douche nozzle in South Carolina murdered looked really nice.
- I tried to pick up a hitchhiker who was resting under a bridge. Yes, I know I shouldn't do that but I always want to do what I would want others to do for me and if I'm under a bridge in billion degree West Texas heat I would want a ride. Anyway, it didn't matter. He was nuts. I drove off with him raving.
- Ate at Stars drive in last night. It is like a less Sonic-ie Sonic. My burger was decent but if it didn't take them 15 minutes to get it out to me it was 20. Things seem to move at a slower pace here. They wouldn't last 5 minutes closer to home.
- A preteen/early teen kid was vaping while waiting for food with his dad. There is no way that is acceptable- right?!
- The kids arm was in a cast. Get used to it kid. Your life is going to be harder than it had to be in many ways.
- His dad had an epic mullet.
- There is a really good radio station here. I think it might be 89.9.
- For long stretches of road there was no reception of any kind.
- There are tons of recently-ish abandoned homes and businesses out this way.
- Personally, I blame Grover Cleveland.
Friday, June 12, 2015
“The next time I have meat and mashed potatoes, I think I'll put a very large blob of potatoes on my plate with just a little piece of meat. And if someone asks me why I didn't get more meat, I'll just say, "Oh, you mean this?" and pull out a big piece of meat from inside the blob of potatoes, where I've hidden it. Good magic trick, huh?”
Jack Handy of San Antonio TX