- A nursing buddy at work frequently borrows small amounts of money from myself and others. She always repays promptly on the next payday (I will sometimes forget she owes me until she comes around and puts a 20 bill in my hand) causing me to wonder- if she can always repay and do so on time why does she have to do it all? What I mean is she is not trying to meet an emergency need and she makes the same amount as the rest of us- how can she both come up short every week but make up for it every payday?
- Donald Trumps may be his own worst enemy and nothing (to me at least) demonstrates that fact like the insults he has shot out at Arnold Schwarzennegger's hosting of Celebrity Apprentice and Alec Baldwin's impersonation of him on SNL.
- Regardless- he needs to accept he won and act like it.
- Connected thought- there are multiple people whose blogs and articles I read who when President Obama won would say,"You lost. Get over it!" They look at it totally different though now that they are on the losing side.
- I guess they are just butt-hurt but it seems a bit disingenuous.
- I wonder if I spelled Arnold's last name and disingenuous up there correctly the first time. Also Celebrity Apprentice, that is the name of the show-right?
- The other day I scrubbed a curb with the wheel of my truck causing a scuff on the chrome. I literally hate that and am still ticked at myself for being so stupid.
- It would be nice to have a dog.
- A neighbor has again put up a, "Its a boy!" sign on their door. She has not been pregnant and I have never seen a baby with them.
Monday, May 22, 2017
Saturday, May 20, 2017
Friday, May 19, 2017
|In case you are wondering why there are bits of paper towel behind that switch plate they get stuck there when people use the towel they dried their hands with to swat the switch as they walk out.|
- The grounds and buildings of the first college I attended look nothing like they did when I attended 30 years ago. Yes, I know things change- especially over 30 years of time but I am not sure I would recognize it at all were I transported there.
- Holy smokes- it now costs over 20,000 dollars a year to go to school there.
- That is psychotic.
- My agreed oddly favorite song by Chris Cornell
- It was chilly yesterday morning.
- It is 0159 on 04/24/2017.
- I just looked up an old college friend who has a condition that can lead to a drastically shortened lifespan. She is still alive evidently.
- Good. That is a relief- it truly is a relief.
Ok, thanks I will try.
- Zac crashed in the tub tonight (05/06/2017). When I went in to check on him the only thing out of the water was one eye, his nose and mouth.
- Mildly terrifying.
- My dad was known as being a bad man- he was no one to be messed with. Something most people would not have known about him though - he liked to crochet and do needlepoint. For real- I know he did the rote Home Sweet Home needlepoint that has been a mainstay for 200 years but he also did a black and white cat crochet project. It had a red collar or bow and bell around its neck.
- Wednesday (today is 05/08/2017) my order of Ethiopian coffee should arrive. It is time to see what the fuss is all about.
- Two different times now I have completely deleted a string of bullet point posts trying to add a caption to a photo here.
- A few months ago we had to reschedule some patients as our doc. was out sick. A few people (especially some foreign born) were shocked and literally said something like, But he can't be sick- he is a doctor!
Wednesday, May 17, 2017
- Where I live rent keeps going up which makes occupancy go down which makes rent go up... Except for the fact rent does keep going up; I have no idea how how much of the preceding sentence is true but it feels right.
- From my notebook on 11/01/2015 @1906: "Man, I love Harvest Moon". I have no idea what that means. Neils Young's song of the same name doesn't do much for me.
- Hot baths are a simple pleasure.
- Recently I tried to watch Tales From Teh Darkside. It was pretty bad. It was weird to see young Steve Buscemi and Julianne Moore.
- An old friend saw a mountain lion on the Brazos this morning. It seemed odd to me that in is his post he called it a,"puma".
- Whenever a group of religious nutballs predict the end of the world or when Sept. 11 is about to roll around a friend leaves his house and camps the night prior on his land and makes his wife take the day off. He lives in the middle of nowhere on 200+ acres. If he really wanted to be ready for the, End Times he should just stockpile some dirt to block his dead end and reasonably little known gravel road and go on about his life fishing and tending his cows. Ta-Da! Ready for the zombie apocalypse.
- Wow, land and homes are incredibly expensive today.
- Today is 04/29/2016. A friend just gave me some essential oil that is supposed to help me sleep. I am to put a drop on each shoulder. He uses another type for snoring by placing one drop on the bridge of his nose and one on each big toe. He is easily one of the smartest people I know.
- I weep for the species.
Monday, May 15, 2017
- Heard on the radio during my drive to work, This is JT here on the ride in with you. I love you.
- Somebody made good on a dare (or bet)I suppose but he is also maybe goofin' on Idiocracy right?
- Today (04/14/217) at Wildberrys in Weatherford I ate a sausage gravy and biscuits omelet with cheese and potatoes. You read that right- there was sausage gravy and biscuits in the omelet.
- It is unlikely anything better will happen to me for the rest of this day. We will see where tomorrow takes us.
- I have no good memories from my marriage but lots of great memories from my last long term relationship. This is so true- I consider the memories from the long term relationship a gift and I am legitimately thankful for them.
- Recently somebody I know, in nearly the same breath lamented their dire financial straits and talked about some new furniture they just financed.
- No they didn't need it- they already had serviceable items of everything they bought.
- Humans are sooooo weird.
- I am sooooo glad- I am from Mars.