|Is sketchy looking.|
Tuesday, February 9, 2016
Monday, February 8, 2016
|Batman has a bat phone. I have a cat phone- so there.|
- I'm watching Mr. Deeds a movie I hope I remember correctly as being pretty good throughout.
- Winona Ryder just made what seemed like an apparent inside joke about, Shoes. Maybe she was accused of stealing some shoes or they were somehow otherwise part of some scandal for her that I do not recall.
- Man, she is pretty and a good actor.
- I have never seen a stand up comic live but the form is one of my favorite things to watch on television.
- The other day I heard a story of a school that wouldn't allow a kid to wear a Fifty Shades Of Grey costume because of the sexual connotations but the same school was cool with a teacher wearing a Dexter costume. They were totally cool with a sadistic serial killer but thinking about the sex freaked them out.
- We are our own worst enemies.
- The Lenny Bruce I have listened to is all pretty tame by standards of today and politically preachy.
Eeew. Lifestyles sound like the name of a creepy sex club- owned by a creep named, Mr. THYN. Yes- in all caps.
- Occasionally there is a freak out and somebody is stoned to death over the supposed destruction of a Quran in Afghanistan- in a country where maybe 25% of the population could have read it in the first place. I have read about 2 cases where the book was recovered and it was not even a Quran.
- A guy who self identifies as a feminist would never have to worry about being trusted by me.
- It is hard for me to believe but I heard recently from somebody that their child or nephew etc. (I forget), received a bullwhip as a prize at a carnival not very long ago. That can't be correct- right? Maybe they were in Mexico?!
Monday, February 1, 2016
|In November 2015 I provided a financial assist to somebody that I really could not afford. A few days later I got this in the mail. There was no explanation for what I overpaid and none for even when it was.|
- Recently (today is 01/20/2016) a much younger woman (although not too young) asked me to hang out with her. She isn't too good for me in my opinion. She is cute enough - I wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with her but 25-30 years ago were we about the same age she would not have given me the time of day. I just would not have been cool enough for her.
- Also recently a literally gorgeous friendly acquaintance has indicated she would like to spend time with me by asking me to do something kind of big with her that was on the face of it more than hanging out. She is too young and too good for me.
- I have no idea what to do with the preceding situations.
- I will ask though, Where were ya'll when I was 20 years old?
- Over the weekend I
readread at a book of ee cummings poetry. Thoughts: I get it. Great. People who know me would never believe other than a couple of quotes it took me this long to get around to him. Interesting because he was also an excellent painter. I'll come back to his work.
- This morning a raccoon ran through the parking lot as I was making my way to the coal mine to start loading my 16 tons. He thought about dropping down into the sewer then decided against it and booked over to the office building across the street and hid in the hedges that abut the building. I would hate to be landscaper who rousts him out of there with a hedge clipper or string trimmer. He was big and perturbed looking
- String trimmer- most people it seems say that now. In my generation, the brand didn't matter- they were all weed-eaters.
Okra: it is for sale.
- The years are flying by.
- I will be dead before I know it and so will you.
- You won't remember dying.
Tuesday, January 26, 2016
Monday, January 25, 2016
|For some reason I took a picture of a red Sharpie and various pens, pencils and hi lighters on my desk. How very odd of me.|
- A couple of days ago (today is 10/14/2015) I realized without some extra income I could soon be in a big bind. I am poor white trash as are most people I know- where to turn? It was easy for me- I signed up for extra shifts at work. I didn't want to as I already dread how tired I'll be and begrudge the various fun activities I may miss during those shifts but what stood out to me was the fact I could with a little initiative bring quite a bit of extra income into my miserable, pathetic life. How many people could not even imagine that - at all? If a person who has no specialized skills or isn't healthy enough to work extra or if a person who is already working 12-14 hours a day has a financial crisis where would they turn or what would they do?
- There are so many snails in my aquarium one large one just cruised by with a baby snail riding on it's shell.
- What is the sketchiest, most basic, most white trashiest thing I've done recently you ask? Well, while dropping some books off at the library drop box I realized 3 things: I needed to clarify custodial arrangements of my children with my ex wife. Number two: I had a tablet with me. Number three: The library has Wi Fi and finally I still do not own a cel phone. OK- that is four things you nitpicker but you get the idea. So yeah, I sat in the truck while mooching some some sweet, free Wi Fi and sent an EMail.
- If you were my real friend instead of my Internet friend I picture you shaking your head at me saying, That is pretty sketchy Kev.- pretty sketchy.
Sunday, January 24, 2016
I am sitting by the pool listening to the fountain gurgle and splash. It is really- really cold out here. My coffee is almost ridculously strong (without being so). There is a red headed woodpecker singing in the tree above me. His head is fire engine red and his body a gorgeous gray. A girl is coming to get me later for burgers a movie and to toss a Frisbee around and feed the ducks in the park.
There is no place I would rather be.
There is no place I would rather be.