Monday, July 26, 2010
- Anna says,"Hope y'all had a nice Christmas!"
- Former Israeler PM Ariel Saron is still comatose-4 years after a massive stroke. I had no idea. I if asked would have assumed he died a long time ago although, I also would have known Israel would keep him on life support until his body failed completely.
- I have posts scheduled out to somethin' somthin' 2028- stick with me- some of the best stuff is way out there.
- Guess that could be interpreted a couple of different ways.
- Black Books: my new Brit com.
- The heeler pup is not working out so well.
- Missed my children while they were away at grandads and was so relieved when they came home.
- He can come back for them anytime now.
- I can type pretty fast for someone who can't type- even to the point of receiving comments from people who see me on the computer. It is crazy though, there are people who can type 120 wpm. Something's not right about that.
- There's a kind of simple guy in my hometown who knows everything it seems there is to know about weather. I bet there's a lot of people who make fun of him but, he's real nice and like I said a wealth of information about storms and tornadoes. We always chat when I see him in a restauraunt or store. It's funny but, two different times he let me know about impending severe weather that I'd heard nothing about.
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Monday, July 19, 2010
- It's true and if you doubt it- get ready for a rude awakening Mr. Naive E. Naiverton.
- On a Scholastic Books order form Zac brought home there was an ad for a book that demonstrates something I've always found troubling because of how irrational it makes humans act- anthropomorphism. The book is Daddy Hug and the description goes on and on about how animal daddy's may be different, but they all have one thing in common- they all want to give their babies a big ole hug! Only problem with that? Nearly all male animals will eat their young and in most of those who don't the young of same species will be very, very lucky to be met with only benign neglect in their babyhood by their male parent.
- Another negative outcome of anthropomorphism: stingrays are being found that have been mutilated in retaliation for the death of Steve Irwin.
- Yes, really.
- I went to a religious music concert once with a friend from work. It was at some ginormic Baptist Church in Dallas. Inside the singer said towards the end,We're going to pass around the hat so to speak. You know these old buses and trucks we use to go from town to town are always breaking down. We just thank the Lord when we get to a show without breaking down..." Only problem with that? Since my friend went there she knew to park in one spot in the rear of the building to get in and out quickly- this put us walking right by the groups fleet of vehicles. A fleet of brand spankin' new Peterbilt trucks and beautiful new motor coaches that easily cost a half million dollars a piece. Every single vehicle had custom matching paint jobs that cost at least 20,000 dollars each.
- Mood? Skeptical I guess.
- I'm curious about troops of other nations- how they fight, train and live. However, my heart really goes out to the Russians in their modern wars. Although it's naive would like to have been able to tag along with a Russian Spetsnaz team in Chechnya.
- My oldest son is at cheer camp. Ten boys and 5000 girls. We should all have odds like that in all our endeavors.
- Zac wants to go fishing badly- hello Wal Mart and goodbye a couple of hundred bucks.
- A girl who I guess I'm friends with recently complained by text of the mosquito's here. I offered that Skin So Soft helps without being stinky and dangerous. She replied: I may need help putting it on! ; ) .
- Whoa, a little more finesse with your flirting efforts girl would make it much more fetching.
Friday, July 16, 2010
What would a Texas football game or stock show be without sub-bleacheral exploration?
- From my news browser: "Men's swimwear that slims and trims". Part of our problem- not enough American men act and think like well, men and this is going to make our lives miserable before it gets better.
- I had lunch with a friend who is sweet, smart and funny, but not attractive at all at a place I frequent, but she does not. The host looked her up and down then looked at me then back at her and then got the strangest combination of a smug and bewildered look on his face. Our waitress had an evil grin on her face and was snotty towards the girl. I'm not sure what was going on there, but she didn't deserve that- and thankfully was oblivious to their ugliness.
- From save the whale types to militant vegans it's amazing the number of things in our culture that our perception is affected by straight up cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs loonies.
- Awkward: I appeared at my patients house the other day- three hours after she died. Cool: I get show pay since no one called to advise me of her expiration.
- When I get stressed out my ears ring.
- My children's dog took off when the fourth of July fireworks started exploding and hasn't been seen since. He's of an unusual and expensive breed so I'm sure he got nabbed by someone and is OK.
- I really didn't like him, but I won't forget him.
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Monday, July 12, 2010
- This guy still fascinates me.
- While not a food purist if something says artificially flavored I'll pass whenever possible- except for artificially flavored bananna and peach stuff. Ummmmm.
- Mmmmm- artificial-ie
- Just rewatched Airplane for the eleventy billionth time. Better than ever. Don't know how many times I watched it before someone busted out laughing and said,"The sound is of a prop driven airplane droning on!"
- And I laughed until my face hurt.
- I guess you had to be there.
- People, hundreds of people went to the site where the guy crashed his private aircraft into the IRS building in Austin.
- I watched some heinous war pron video earlier. At the posters urging I copied the coordinates into Google Maps to see the land these big ground and airbursts were killing terrorists with impunity in such a fantastic way- Cancun Mexico.
- What aren't they telling us?
- Fantastic short documentary on the surge in Iraq.
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Friday, July 9, 2010
People are retarded.
- A friend was recently taken to some fancy schmancy Japanese steak house by a guy she barely knew. I said some grody things about what she would be expected to do for that expensive steak in several texts- while they were at the restaurant (Ha!). After a few days he showed up out of the blue and acting bummed, he gave her the I thought we had something going, but I haven't heard from you... spiel. Yes, he thought he should be able to buy sex from a college educated woman who was way out of his league with a meal like he had caught her sifting through his garbage for something to eat and then thought he should be able to guilt her to manipulate her out of her goodies when the meal trick didn't work. I told her if she didn't want to end up chained to a basement floor rubbing lotion on her body she'd better stay away from that Jack O Lantern.
- Jack O Lantern- something I picked up from our medic. He went through this phase of calling everybody Pumpkin Head, Jack O Lantern, Punkinhead etc. It was funny.
- I guess you had to be there.
- Rare for me to say this, but I don't want to go to work tonight.
- Littlecar is totalled. Guess how much I made off her after purchase price. Give up? 3500 bucks! Yaay for me.
- Maybe the worm is about to turn for me.
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
- Albert Brooks father Harry Parke died while on stage- at a Friars Club event roasting Desi Arnaz and Lucille Ball.
- I get very uncomfortable when Zac finds a toy gun- to the point I wince when the trigger snaps. I try not too freak out too much when this happens, but I don't think I would ever intentionally buy one for him.
- Wasn't there a band called Toy Guns?
- Close- but no cigar, they are Shiny Toy Guns
Saturday, July 3, 2010
An incredible singer, songwriter and musician and yes- he could fly. Woosh!
- Title not strictly true- I got about 2 1/2 hours sleep. Entirely true? I feel awful.
- Whaaaaa- somebody call me a whambulace!
- Recent patients granddaughter greeted me with something like,"I'm hot, but I'm nuts, so watch out!" Good assessment- on both points.
- There are toads everywhere in the yard. I move them around to the front flowerbed then, every so often burn the porch light and see how many come up to partake of the resulting insectival bounty.
- Worlds record so far is 13.
- Took a brother in law to breakfast this morning. Our waitress started a conversation with,"To make a long story short..." I think she meant,"To make a short story long."
- He was a Marine.
- They are typically different.
- Read once that we essentially all still die within 50 miles of where we were born and it definitely seems to be true among my patients.
- Spellcheck hi lites "whambulance" that's crazy.
Friday, July 2, 2010
No surprise: he's a Russian mathematician who is sometimes described as a recluse- somewhat surprising, he recently turned down a 1 million dollar prize offered for solving some math problem.
- My children's uncle has described their dog as needy. Hadn't thought about it that way- but he's right, it's the neediest animal I've ever seen. He was the surrogate husband for his previous owner so it stands to reason I suppose, but good grief.
- The honey badger has been named the most fearless animal by Guinness Book Of World Records- here's why.
- I ate the first fresh blueberry I'd eaten in my life about 2 months ago- and have eaten 2 or 3 pounds since.
- I love Bob The Builder.
- Everyone should use what is called 24 hour time- it's ridiculous we should even discuss whether or not it should be adopted.
- The Taliban after much debate has been invited to peace talks- they have respectfully declined saying,"Why? We're winning." Sadly, they're correct.
- It's a crazy world we live in.
Thursday, July 1, 2010
Good day !.You re, I guess , probably curious to know how one can make real money . There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars. AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become richThe company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas. Its head office is in Panama with structures around the world. Do you want to become really rich in short time? That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!I feel good, I began to get income with the help of this company, and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper companion who uses your savings in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!. I earn US $2,000 per day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks! It`s easy to start , just click this link--------------- you`re! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life