Monday, August 14, 2017
Thursday, August 10, 2017
- I don't understand some peoples hatred of Criss Angel. His stunts are pretty cool and require a good deal of talent to dream up and apply effectively. A lot of them are pretty original and a little spooky at first glance such as the lady pulled in half trick- worth a view if you haven't seen it before.
- Thinking about just leaving the tent up and if it lasts a couple of months- great. Zac and I spent the night out again last night. It was great, just slightly cool-ish. He was starving and thirsty when we came in the house!
- Wilderness adventures take a lot out of a man I suppose.
- Last house is going up in the neighborhood. I hope the new neighbors are decent- the others are great.
- They've made a new Nightmare On Elm Street movie. Good grief- give it a rest.
Wednesday, August 9, 2017
Tuesday, August 8, 2017
Monday, July 31, 2017
|Somebody lost a sweet Van's cap.|
- I bumped into a long lost friendly acquaintance recently. She is obviously in a downward spiral (although still pretty hot).
- She is near the top of the Avoid At All Costs! list.
- AKA- AAACL
- If she were a ship captain and I an Irish peasant- she would have me locked in steerage while she intentionally set fire to the upper decks.
- What. A. Dumpster. Fire.
File this under: We don't even want to know...
- A tune has been bouncing around in my head for days but I have no idea what it is- none. It is just a fleeting moment of a vague song.
- It goes away for an hour then plays for three...
- I kinda like the Gordon Lightfoot song Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.
- If you were fantastically rich would you spring for a time capsule?
- I would and mine would be awe inspiring.
- Among other things I would send family history forward along with items to teach future generations what we were like as humans.
- If possible I would make the openers of the capsule rich beyond their dreams- but how do you know what will be worth what in say- 200 years?
I am sure your coworkers thank you for the heads up Paula but how did you know they would find your note in the recycle bin?
- My heart hurts over 2 rough, recent losses.
Friday, July 28, 2017
- We would be wise to engage Russia in helping us deal with Best Korea and drop the election tampering issue.
- What are we going to do about it anyway?
- All we can do is make systems less vulnerable and oddly; consider similar ways to jam them up (yep, while simultaneously getting them to help us with Best Korea).
- I wish I had been more of a Chris Cornell fan. My hangup with him I think though, was the songs of his that they played ad nauseum.
- It has been said here before that I have one more marriage in me although I wonder more often if it will happen at all.
- The first woman after woman known as wife I spent any time with was great. She was pretty, funny, smart and has her act together. She was fantastic with Zac. Even her 16 year old kid was awesome.
- If we had met 3-6 more months after we did to allow me to get over my divorce I would have been shocked if we had not married.
- Dang. I mean- dang.
- You may want to check my America card- it has been months since I shot a gun.
- The first knuckle to my right pinkie has been arthritic long enough it is starting to deform. Now the first joint to the thumb of the same hand is staying sore.
- It is all downhill from here.
Of Interest Mostly to Nurses But Here Is a Literally Terrifying Question I Found On a Nursing Forum Honestly- I Do Not Know Where To Start
"I've been out of nurses for a while, actually unemployed. I can't remember how to chart lung sounds. So confused. If its the right upper lung is it the patients right side? If the nurse is facing the client and she is listening on her right side is it charged as right or left(because its actually the clients left lung)?? "
Monday, July 24, 2017
- Yesterday we witnessed a hit and run in the parking lot of the Little League fields. The goober backed into a parked car. He parked in another spot then came back with a piece of paper in his hand and looked around like he was looking for somebody. He then walked off and came back again. Then he walked off and did not come back. He was not looking for the owner of the car- he was looking to try and get a feel if there were witnesses and daring himself to leave the scene. I was not going to confront him over it- it was not my car and we already had his plate number but I watched him out of the corner of my eye hole just to see how he handled the situation. You could see the gears turning in his head...
- Homes, there were hundreds of potential and 5 actual witnesses that I know of- I mean come on man! It would suck to man up to a stupid mistake like that but don't make things harder than they have to be for everybody involved.
- As my dearly departed sainted granny would say, Sometimes in this life you just have to take your lumps with your gravy.
- Although I am not sure exactly what she meant by that adage; I think it applies in that situation.
- The more I watch LL play the more convinced I am that it is very hard to overcome the inertia created by a strong pitcher and catcher on the opposing team.
- Zac still likes playing in the McDonald's playground. It makes me wonder if he will figure it out when he gets there or if I will have to tell him when he is too big. For that matter: if in my mind that time comes- should I tell him?
- There is a maybe 12 year girl sitting near us wearing makeup. Not in this lifetime if she were my daughter. She might as well start picking stripper names.
- Update to the hit and run story: I could not reach my legal team this weekend as I assume they were doing what all high powered lawyers do on the weekend- getting their toes sucked on their yachts by super models but I did hear back from the chief of our law enforcement division. He had this to say: If the damage to vehicles was less than 200.00 it is a ticket. If the damage is more than 200.00 it is a county jail offense.
When I drink Fanta- nobody says I am fantastic.
Sunday, July 16, 2017
Wednesday, July 12, 2017
- Whitecentric radio stations play ads for investment opportunities, foundation repair companies, lake lots and pills to make your weiner either harder or longer.
- Blackcentric radio stations play ads for payday loan places, payday loan relief places, cel phone plans, personal injury lawyers and night clubs.
- This past weekend (today is 11/14/2016) the only productive things I did were laundry and clean the kitchen- otherwise I slept and watched Teh Walking Dead.
- The always comes out as teh the first time I type it.
- Finally I tried Tastykake brand buttered iced cupcakes. Verdict: good to very good.
- The front desk staff where I work gave me a cookie with a flag made of red, white and blue icing on it for Veteran's Day.
- This past weekend I watched Shut In. It was literally terrible. My date took it personally that I recognized it as a terrible movie.
- The theater had the reclining electric seats though- very nice. I wanted to take a nap there.
- From the Blogfather: "If someone condescendingly says, "We live in a Republic, not a Democracy!" I'm guessing that's about the only thing they know about government." If I disagreed with virtually everything he says- I could not argue that point. He is absolutely correct in that assessment.
Monday, July 10, 2017
- Not unusual: I awoke this morning feeling like a pound and a half of dog mess that had been stuffed into a one pound bag. Kinda different: I have been up for only 17 minutes now and feel like a million dollars.
- At the old Decatur dump trash was just thrown out on the ground. When there got to be too much- it was set on fire. As a bonus, there were self serve pits dug by backhoe where people could dump dead animals. I had to go check it out every time we went and look at the dead calves and dogs.
- Bonus information: when people left they often took home more stuff than they dumped.
A boy and his dog. I sent this to somebody who replied, That made me so happy I cried! Easily impressed I guess.
- Rock is not dead. Rock being made today is as good any- ever.
- The last set of tires I bought for my present truck cost 800 dollars. Holy smokes. Tires for the first truck I bought in my married life could be found on sale for 100 buck for a set of 4. I freaked plum out when the second set for the same truck cost me 125 buck.
- I could have spent less (as in 40% less) on my new tires but I would have had to wait 1-2 days for them to get the cheaper set from another store and then I would have to come back for the mounting. I did not want to wait- nor did I want to risk driving any distance without a spare.
- There were long periods in my life when I could not have even dreamed of thinking like that.
- Update (07/11/2017) I looked at my receipt. The kid at Discount Tire overcharged me by 100 buck by sticking me with the road hazard thing which, I had specifically declined in my conversation opener about the tires in first place.
- It is cool this time I guess. I do not tempt fate in situations like this- so will not argue the point.
- Bonus update: the tires were actually a little over 800 buck. There are plenty of cars in my past that did not cost me 800 buck.
- Full length 1949 Batman movie.
Thursday, July 6, 2017
Found This Little Guy In The Bottom Of The Demudding Kiddie Pool After We Boiled 60 Pounds Of His Buddies
What would you done? Would have tossed him into the boiling cauldron of death or fed him to the cat? You would?! What kind of monster are you?! I took him to a beaver pond I know where there are few or even no fish to eat him and there is plenty of cover from great blue herons. He will live out the remainder of his days there in quiet retirement.
Monday, July 3, 2017
- In 1000 years the courthouse in Decatur will absolutely be standing right? Even if Fort Worth Dallas Megaopolis surrounds Decatur and there are skyscrapers downtown they would just build over it and it would at least be a monument/museum slash gallery of some type.
- I am in a lounge chair by the pool next to the fountain. My legs are warming in the sun and my upper body is in the shade.
- The real estate market has blown up like crazy here. Somebody I know went and looked at a house. She was going to make an offer the next day. She called only to learn that earlier in the day somebody offered 5000 over and paid all closing costs.
- I do not have too many summers left in this world.
- My guess is it would sad to know the number of people in the US who are functionally illiterate ( although they may be arguably functionally literate). They may read enough to fake it and not get killed by stopping their forward momentum when there is a Danger Do Not Enter sign or take advantage of a sign announcing a sale on Keystone Light but their lives are not significantly and routinely improved by being able to read well.
- I am so sleepy. The sun, breeze and sound of the fountain are just knocking me out.
- I do not know what the previous post is supposed to mean.
- What I am listening to- Royal Blood.
Thursday, June 29, 2017
|It seems harvester ants are making a comeback. This mound was a few feet from a fire ant mound- although fire ants are blamed for the red ants decline. Also I see them where I did not in the past.|
|Pink grade whisker on soccer field in Weatherford America. It may be there to mark the exact center of the field.|
|A favorite bird. Those things are all around Sunshine Lake and the trailway.|
|Maybe not the worst toilet in Scotland but the worst I have ever seen in the state parks system. Gag.|
|Poorly designed, placed and maintained culvert. #covfefe!|
|How do thingss like this get torn up? Anyway, it is because of people who do things like that- we can't have anything nice.|
|The view has always pleased me- it is not grand or perfect or anything. It is just mildly pleasing.|
|Thought I had finally seen a wild red snapper|
|until we got closer and it turned over for a belly rub.|
|The filters on my phone are still cool to experiment with. It is kinda my thing.|
|They should put an exclamation mark at the end of TROPICAL THUNDER.|
|That is more like it.|