Thursday, December 7, 2017

Thursday's Thoughts

Needle and a spoon on  the dash of my truck. I wonder what the cops would think about that?

  • Wendy's makes some pretty good salads.
    I won't say what I first thought I saw when I saw this white board out of the corner of my eye.
  • Today one of my brand new tires was low when I went outside, so I went to my local convenience store to use the air compressor- in the pouring rain. Pouring rain which predictably stopped as soon as I got it aired up and was getting back in the truck.
  • Pro tip: after you get new tires if one of them is low soon afterwards- when you air it up fill it about 10 pounds over recommended pressure and then let the air back out down to where it needs to be.
    The first bite I've ever taken from one of those candy coated donuts in my whole life. Verdict: Meh.
  • One of my ex's had real nice legs and super pretty feet. Coincidentally, she liked to ride with her bare feet resting up on the dash of the car. Two or three different times we busted dudes just staring at her feet like total freak shows. One actually drifted over into our lane and nearly hit us- and he still couldn't take his eyes off of her legs and feet.
  • He Looked mesmerized.
  • Although it was at least 20 years ago-  I can picture that scene like it was yesterday. 
  • That still trips me out.
  • Evolution did a good job on this little guy. He even has fake lichen on his back. You just about could not see him against the log I caught him under. And against the bark of the tree he would have done well also I think.
  • It still trips me out...
  • This morning 10/23/2017 I took note of a coworkers nice haircut and gave her a compliment- a compliment I oddly backed up by asking if she did it herself...
  • Fail.
  • Holy smokes- fail.
    Does not look appealing to me.
  • I'm supposed to go dove hunting this year for the first time in years.
  • Zac can pop his back like mad.
  • The spoon was from a parfait I ate in the truck. I tossed up it there to take into work and drop in the recycles. The needle is clean- it was from me drawing a shot up and changing the needle for injection into the patient. I dropped the capped and clean (not sterile) needle in my pocket intending to place it a sharps on returning to my office. I placed it on the dash to drop in a sharps container the next day.
  • So yeah- It was a legit, albeit slightly sketchy looking scene.
  • One of my favorite songs.

3 comments:

an Donalbane said...

I've seen the needle and the damage done, but every junkie's like a setting sun. At least so says Neil Percival Young.

The image you painted of your ex- riding in the car reminded me of the Jackson Browne song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4my0i08lCNg

I got a kick out of your music vid - the dude wearing a Boston belt buckle. I had that exact one (as well as a Heart one) back in the day. Wonder if they're still in my folks' attic...

an Donalbane said...

I was bummed that my buddies Todd and Dewey didn't invite me to go dove hunting this year (although I don't know if my schedule would've permitted it anyway).

Lately I've been trying like mad to wrangle an invitation from some of my co-workers to do my part to diminish the porcine diaspora. One's family has property in Wilbarger County, and another has an oversupply of the puercos near Thackerville.

RPM said...

Judging from the reaction my sister got when DPS saw 3 vet needles on her dash, I would prepare for a roadside rodeo.