Monday, December 25, 2017

Monday's Missives

A joke is to say as you float the Brazos, Around this next bend is a place where you can get a haircut and a shave. OK, so maybe you would have to be there and regardless- I didn't say it was a funny joke.
  • At work voicemails often are stored as saved when I have not listened to my messages or even touched the phone. It will do this when my email inbox to which the voicemail is tied is not nearly full and when there is only the one  message in question saved and no others. Also, my phone rings- I can hear it coming from my phone- right in front of me but an incoming call does not appear on the screen and if I pick up no one will be there. Good luck trying to convince anybody of all that weirdness when I miss an important call or fail to return an important voicemail.
  • My dividend from REI is worth over 100 bucks.
    Somebody at work has someone in her family that believes in a all that essential oils nonsense. Consequently I ended up with some for my back. Did it help? No don't be ridiculous- but it was nice of her. I won't say what the contents made me think of when I first saw it.
  • Today (12/18/2015) was the office Xmas party. I would have rather taken a beating. 
  • As a subtle form of rebellion I sometimes wear this t shirt under my scrubs at work.

    When I feel tired and/or beat down I sometimes wear these underwear. Yes, I have power panties- don't all the ladies?
  • It seems as though my most recent attempt at a relationship is over. Of course the relatively expensive Xmas gift I ordered her online is on the way as I write this and gifts for both myself and my children are under the tree- at her place.
  • A bad supervisor story: Once, after a patient left my office I hosed everything down with some air freshener. As I sprayed some in the door frame said supervisor (who was literally sneaking up to try and bust me goofing off) suddenly appeared in front of me. Needless to say the supervisor took a full face blast of industrial strength freshness. I felt awful and told my nursing buddies about it in what was I suppose a more or less confessional act?  During the telling and retellings 100% of the time  there was laughter and I was literally applauded.
  • One hundred percent.
  • When I put myself in that supervisor's shoes if nothing else I think, I would hate to know anybody would ever think or feel that way about me.
    Weird: the female grackle in the foreground chased a bunch of other birds away from another female. She then picked up  a piece of bread and gave it to the second.

    Here, she chases another group of birds away from a water puddle to allow the other bird to get a drink. I have never seen behavior like that before and would have thought a person telling of seeing it happen ridiculously anthropomorphic.

2 comments:

an Donalbane said...

That Brazos spot sorta reminds me of Worth Ranch.

I am usually OK with workplace Christmas parties, maybe because I usually end up with some decent swag from door prizes. This year and last, I went to the parties from my current and years-ago workplaces, and had a good time at both. I sorta feel blessed/lucky that the old workplace invites me even though I've been gone from there for years. And I walked away from current employer's party this year with a swanky, top-of-the-line Keurig machine. Right now I'm too cheap to use it, but when I build that perfect, Architecture Digest two story modern small house, it'll grace the minimalist kitchen counter.

A couple weeks back a small feathered biped flew into my house. Several minutes of my acting the fool ensued, through four rooms, before the winged one made its way back out. While I was not caught up in the hilarity in the moment, it was funny afterward.

el chupacabra said...

Hey Don. I think that is Worth Ranch. Could not have told you had I been asked.
Door prize?! Fugget about it! I never win anything.
Weird- in my whole life I never had a bird stuck in my house.