Thursday, December 14, 2017

Thursday's Thoughts

I was in and out the main door 2 or 3 times before I noted there were 3 doors- one to convert the room to a suite and the other for the restroom. Weird.

  • I'm sitting in my truck waiting for a class to begin for a new computer system that we're using at work. There is every chance if offered the choice I might take a beating instead of walking in those doors at 8 this morning.
  • So-called teacher is a UnAmerican guy that is nice enough I suppose but yesterday he just launched into reading his spiel while simultaneously demonstrating how the system worked on a screen in front of the class. It took about 45 seconds for him to lose me. I just sat there in stunned silence for 4 hours and then staggered out to my truck- I don't even really remember much of the day in general much less how any part of that system works. He only told us he was giving an overview and to not get too hung up on the process in the final 30-40 minutes of the class. 
  • Very odd.
    Someone in my office did some cleaning and found this. When I asked what it was she replied, It's a penis enlarger- you want to try it? No- yes. Well, I don't want to be first. Did you try it? I said. No thanks- mine is long enough... she replied.
  • I had dinner with an old friend last night. It was great.
  • He has been my best friend for 20 years.
  • He recalled a time when we were poor that his truck broke down so I drove over to Fort Worth and helped him tow it to the Ford shop. I barely remember it but he thanked me again for that small bit of kindness.
  • We have no idea the affect we can have on folks with just a little effort.
    Random shorts on the ground.
  • For some reason I can no longer nap at work- although on the weekends at home I am the nap champion.
  • A lot of hugely fat people are walking by on their way to work.
    Pith helmets are super practical and super goofy.

4 comments:

an Donalbane said...

Ha! Last time I was in the Army-Navy in Haltom City (sometime in the last 18 months), I tried on, but did not buy, pith helmets.

For some reason, I have in the past 2-3 years taken an interest in the style of British colonialism - moreso African than the Indian subcontinent - but I kinda would like to have a proper British jungle outfit. I have some anthromorphic busts of a Syncerus caffer caffer, a zebra, and a [French, go figure] bulldog. I'd dig having a nice wall tent, reminiscent of the 1880's, with a four-poster bed and a campaign desk, as an adjunct man-cave.

el chupacabra said...

Yeah if we knew what was good for us we would totally be stylin' pith helmets to mow the yard instead of a feed store gimme hat.
Dang, humans are weird.
Beau Geste...

el chupacabra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeffrey said...

If you received a gimme hat somewhere, I'd like to know where so I can get one too. Otherwise, I'll be pithed off.

Don't get hung up on the process? What does that mean anyway? Maybe it means don't ask me any more questions.

Let me know how the penis pump works as I've been shopping lately and can't decide.

Those random shorts on the ground sort of bothered me. Did you call the police? What size were they?