Friday, December 22, 2017

Friday's Dispatch

I ordered ice water. The chick gave me the plain carbonated water. It was nauseating.

  • There are some good articles out in the past few years about the remarkable case of Phineas Gage. If you think you know his story and your knowledge comes from Ripley's Believe It Or Not! or half remembered break room trivia- you don't. One person correctly in my view said to the effect, He is a better case study for critical thinking skills than brain injury. People believed what they wanted about the guy.
  • Voice to text on this thing is still weird- great- but weird.
  • I still have trouble keeping my eyes open when I do it though.
  • In the zombie apocalypse the man with coffee will be king.
  • Why are there hardly any animals in The Walking Dead? The answers I have  heard are not satisfying. There is such a dearth of animals I have presumed it would play a role in the story for later episodes  (which should seem like should have happened by now) or at least it would come out why there are so few of them.
  • I just read that Lech Walesa is still alive. That surprises me. I could have sworn I read he died.
  • From movies to TV to documentaries to YouTube channels with 100s of thousands of subcribers there are a ton of shows hosted by former prisoners. 
  • Prison/criminal culture are crazy popular these days in general. 
  • There is something to be learned from that truth but I don't know what.

2 comments:

an Donalbane said...

I could have sworn I read he died.

I thought the same thing. Maybe we were thinking of Václav Havel, who died about this time of year, 2011.

el chupacabra said...

Hey Don- Yep- I bet you're right!