Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Wednesday's Digressions


  • Today a girl at work tool her pullover sweater off in front of me which caused me to reflexively get butterflies in my stomach and a lump in my throat. Weird- some base part of my brain said Whew hoo! We're gonna get to see a naked girl!
  • I need to get married or get a girlfriend or somethin'.
  • Whoa I kid you not- married up there came out- martyred first.
    When I was a
    kid you nearly did not see any of  these tombstone portraits that was not destroyed by BB gunfire.
  • Trumps is not going to be satisfied until he ushers in the apocalypse. 
    Decaf coffee. Fidget spinners aside- the most useless thing on the planet?!
     
  • When you start to argue with a conspiracy theory believer- you have already lost. That is just part of the beauty of their outlook. Another interesting consideration is; the smarter their potential adversary- the less likely they to argue.
  • Yep- it is just nearly 2018 and people believe in something called aromatherapy...
  • We had a great breakfast this morning at IHOP. They have a new strawberry cheesecake French toast that is pretty awesome.

3 comments:

Jeffrey said...

Two comments for you this morning. First, finding a girlfriend is all well and fine -- the drive to procreate is strong but is reinforced by false advertising (Oh, isn't it great to be married to a materialistic shrew! Not!). Mixing up married with martyred is a good call. You don't need to get married; you just need, ahem, a physical outlet.

Conspiracy theories. You are right. Argue with one of us at your own risk. I prefer to be called a critical thinker and if you would only begin to accept the possibilities, then the events of this world suddenly come together and make sense. Hell, it's not conspiracy theory anymore anyway, it's political strategy. From the killing grounds of Syria to planned muslim migration to Sandy Hook and manipulated mass shooting incidents in the US and elsewhere, we are witnessing global and national policy-making at the ground level.

An acquaintance recently told me he does not want to know the truth, that his life is great and he wants to keep it that way. He's retired, smokes a lot of pot, and generally remains on the couch watching basketball. He gets agitated when I tell him the television and broadcasting is nothing more than the greatest propaganda system the world has ever seen.

I asked him about the Vegas shooting and he shrugs. He'd rather not think about it because it upsets his world view, such as it is.

el chupacabra said...

Hey Tommy good to hear from you. Couldn't imagine thinking like that aquaintence.

an Donalbane said...

Today a girl at work tool her pullover sweater off in front of me which caused me to reflexively get butterflies in my stomach and a lump in my

What the preview pane showed on my phone. Naturally, I initially assumed the next word would be 'pants', but it seems I was wrong.

Or at least that's not what you wrote...

When I was a teen, we visited cemeteries a couple of times in the wee hours of darkness, but we were respectful - at least to the extent of not creating any vandalism.

Maybe it's only my perception, but Trumps seems - a bit - to have moderated his self-aggrandizement. I don't know whether he's tired, or if his handlers (if there are such) have finally gained a measure of control. Other than the time he spoke approvingly of asset forfeiture, I've not been troubled by his policies. I'd like to see him get some SC picks, do some swamp draining (elusive as that may be), keep the economy strong (to the extent the POTUS has input), and pave the way for a competent leader to assume the (R) mantle. I don't really believe he wants 1600 PA for 8 years, and if he can deliver on a good handful of benchmarks, I'd be happy not to have to watch clownishness seemingly every news cycle.

Last week they had breakfast for dinner at one of my local churches, but I ended up bailing and not going. It was gonna be pancakes and cool stuff, probably would've been epic. Oh, well.