Thursday, December 21, 2017

Thursday's Thoughts




  • When a regime/country has started being compared to the Nazis- you can guess that our social and political betters are wanting us to go to war with them.
  • When they say, Think of the children! you can bet they are wanting a war.
    The middle lane car has its headlights on but the taillights are not in operation. Over the past couple of years I see this happen on late model cars at least a few times a month. What/why?
  • Recently I declined an assignment at work. Why did I do that you ask? Because- the idea of doing said project literally terrified me. I had to tell the person tasked with telling me about the responsibility  the truth about how I felt.
  • We compromised- I will step up more and somebody else with more experience will lead the way.
  • I'm getting feeble in my old age.
  • Actually I sometimes feel and will say- I am just too old for ___________ .
  • A cool but odd surprise- recently I randomly realised my feelings are a lot stronger for somebody I have known for years than I would I admitted-if put on the spot and asked.
  • How did I figger it out!? I had the opportunity within a very few days to defend her reputation, then warn her of sociopolitical maneuvering being made against her and finally I thought there was a chance I might have to defend her against a physical threat and instead of running- I started getting to rumbbbbbbbbbble!
  • I did those things without hesitation and as selflessly as I have done anything my life.
  • What is the point? Maybe there isn't one. It was just a minor shock to my system that got my attention.
    One odd product name

2 comments:

an Donalbane said...

A kid at my workplace - yes, he is a kid, literally 18 years old - is taking photography classes at Taco Jaco, er, TCC. He has shown me some of the stuff he's shot, and it appears he has talent.

The other day he informs me he picked up a Canon AE-1 at a local antique mall, and is going to try film. Another co-worker is getting a Polaroid camera for her SO.

What with the resurgence of vinyl, I guess what's old is new again. Heck, I might even become sort of hipster stylish.

Nah...

Mike M. said...

The car with the headlamps on, but no taillamps. It's actually not headlamps you're seeing...it's the daytime running lights. Some of those cars don't have automatic headlamps, but when the driver sees lights in the front, they don't think to turn on the headlamps. And as a result, they drive around all the time with no taillamps.

You would think that the lack of instrument lighting on the dash would make the driver try to figure out what's wrong, but alas, most people are dumb.

Mike