Interestingly, this guy did this to honor his native American ancestry with Stalking Cat as his totem.
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
- A local steak place used to quite belligerantly tell you they did not offer steak sauce since you do need sauce with our steaks.
- Man, an old friends widow just walked by me as I write this- she looks 70 years old- a hard 70 although I think she's a year or two younger than myself.
- Admission to Fort Worth Zoo is half price on Wednesdays.
- A weird consequence of having 70 percent of the US population being obese is I often have trouble finding clothes that fit.
- One day there will be specialty shops catering to height weight proportionate people.
- For some reason middle age+ female alcoholics will have a distinct pot belly even though they'll be otherwise slim.
- This morning I said to myself out of the blue,"Self, I'm sick of my job, my town and this apartment and mostly I'm sick of you. Amend your resume' and apply to every military contracting firm there is and get out of here, find some excitement and do something with your life."
- My inner self also refers to me as dude which comes out sound like dewd.
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Monday, November 22, 2010
- I love this boy- he impresses me more everyday. I've said it before, but when I came home from downrange a baby would have been high on my list of things I thought I did not need. I just didn't know what I needed.
- My last patient was a nurse in her working life- always nice to care for a fellow nurse and I'm very sure they generally get the extra TLC they deserve when they become a hospice patient.
- Another recent patients family was plagued with denial issues which continues to mystify me. How can you not see and grasp this person is dying and in fact not seem to get that we all die?
- Cigarette smokers as a rule are way more likely to have trouble accepting they are dying, will do everything they can to prolong their lives, blame their impending death on everything but their own behavior and their families more often than not follow suit.
- My eldest son's senior ring will be in soon. Speaking of denial- I cannot believe circumstance forced me to say that.
- Patients and/or their families always try to give me things especially books if the patient was a reader.
- Score: brand new looking The North Face fleece jacket for 4 bucks. My guess is it was something more than that new.
- Dilemma: I want an e reader- I need a GPS system for my car.
- Still love my Seiko chronograph, get as many compliments on it as any watch I've ever owned and I'm very sure one of my grandchildren will own it someday. It is obviously very high quality even as Seikos go and feels it.
- I get what someone means when they say, I'm more than sure, but isn't that a bit like a football coach saying, Give me 110%... ?
- I could not even make fun of it when a local person sold me a rubber bracelet that read, Save A Life- Be An Organ Doner, but man I wish I could have proofread it for them before they submitted their order.
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Text: Die monster nalby hoek van Holland. Roughly translated I think it says: No beheaded semi androgynous solid black monsters may come on the beach in Holland and steal our bikinis and jock straps- though I'm not sure.
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Monday, November 8, 2010
When Zac meets someone he sometimes says,"My name is Zachary and I a cowboy."
- My theme song. Cumbersome by Seven Mary Three.
- Cool- gumption is not hi lited by spell check.
- When I have some extra cash I'd like to make a sleeper out of The Beemer by installing a turbocharger.
- Zac is still put out about the Beemer- he had been lobbying for a Jeep for months.
- A friend of mine and I were browsing a pawn shop for him an auto loader shotgun when I noticed a cash deal fall through. The seller wanted 75 dollars outright for a slick looking pump shotgun. I casually mentioned it on the way out. He said,"Why didn't you tell me, I would have made a deal with him right there!" "You were looking for an auto loader- you retard." came my reply. "Yeah, but 75 bucks? I'll take a pump for that!" "Well, there he goes Mr Deal Maker- catch up to him." We jumped in the car and caught the guy at a light. My buddy honked the horn and got the guys attention. When he looked over at us Steve formed his hand in a circle with his thumb and fingers curled as it would be wrapped around the slide of a pump shotgun and motioned his wrist back and forth like he was operating a pump shotgun (can you see where this is going?). After he made that motion several times he then made the universal sign language of money changing hands by acting like bills were being pulled out of one hand by the other. The dudes eyes got wide, his mouth fell open and he dropped his truck in gear and peeled out running the stop light to get away from us.
- If I'm lying- I'm dying- that story is true. I laughed 'til I nearly got sick and my face hurt.
- Wonder if he and our prospective John still tell that story?
- I don't know what to think of any of the new Linkin Park songs- some will probably grow on me and some are just too weird and overwrought.
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Monday, November 1, 2010
My vaguely phallic (I only realised just now) African elephant wall hanger.
- Headline:"Eva Mendez doesn't want sexy to define her." 1) Who cares? 2) She has nothing to fear- she tops the list of unhot supposedly hot women in the US.
- Weird- "unhot" gets hi lited by my spell check.
- Can't leave the house- neighbor girl is mowing the yard and it's a billion degrees out there and I'm afraid she might stroke out while I'm gone. I already took her one water and have a Gatorade in the freezer. I remember when 5.00 bucks was pretty good pay for a decent size lawn and I used a push mower that I would have slogged halfway across town. She's using a riding mower and her services are an absolute bargain at 30.00.
- And I was thankful for cool hose water.
- And yes- it was uphill both ways.
- Zac is getting a full on set of fishing equipment (including some cool shades) plus PFD for swimming for his birthday. I can't wait to see his face when he gets home.
- For summer trips we always seemed to get at least a new beach towel and sunglasses. You simply cannot believe how cool I felt in the Panchorello of Chips fame mirrored shades I got one year.
- Another headline: "Dog sitters sued for 1 million dollars" further on the article asks, "Is this ridiculous or reasonable?" Proof we've lost our minds- they had to ask.
- It didn't take me more than 5 minutes to put this post together.