Monday, November 22, 2010

Monday's Missives




  • I love this boy- he impresses me more everyday. I've said it before, but when I came home from downrange a baby would have been high on my list of things I thought I did not need. I just didn't know what I needed.


  • My last patient was a nurse in her working life- always nice to care for a fellow nurse and I'm very sure they generally get the extra TLC they deserve when they become a hospice patient.

  • Another recent patients family was plagued with denial issues which continues to mystify me. How can you not see and grasp this person is dying and in fact not seem to get that we all die?

  • Cigarette smokers as a rule are way more likely to have trouble accepting they are dying, will do everything they can to prolong their lives, blame their impending death on everything but their own behavior and their families more often than not follow suit.

  • My eldest son's senior ring will be in soon. Speaking of denial- I cannot believe circumstance forced me to say that.

  • Patients and/or their families always try to give me things especially books if the patient was a reader.

  • Score: brand new looking The North Face fleece jacket for 4 bucks. My guess is it was something more than that new.

  • Dilemma: I want an e reader- I need a GPS system for my car.

  • Still love my Seiko chronograph, get as many compliments on it as any watch I've ever owned and I'm very sure one of my grandchildren will own it someday. It is obviously very high quality even as Seikos go and feels it.

  • I get what someone means when they say, I'm more than sure, but isn't that a bit like a football coach saying, Give me 110%... ?

  • I could not even make fun of it when a local person sold me a rubber bracelet that read, Save A Life- Be An Organ Doner, but man I wish I could have proofread it for them before they submitted their order.








3 comments:

Paxford said...

On the Ereader front... I'd suggest you get the various versions that download to the PC (kindle for pc / mobipocket / Adobe Digital REader / microsoft reader etc) and just see which one you really enjoy using the most before spending $$ on an ereader.

And of course you can also download some of the programs to your mobile phone or ipod touch (I have kindle on my touch and am resisting adding Mobipocket to my nokia N95)

[sorry for blathering on... researching ereaders and ebook formats is part of my library job :D]

Pax

el chupacabra said...

That's cool- I actually need to think about which one to get also.

Anonymous said...

In you line of traveling atound a GPS sounds like the way to go. Garmin is a good choice. Heads up om Kindle, friend has one and she reads in bed and says back light is weak and still has to use room light to read.