Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday's Missives

When Zac meets someone he sometimes says,"My name is Zachary and I a cowboy."



  • My theme song. Cumbersome by Seven Mary Three.


  • Cool- gumption is not hi lited by spell check.


  • When I have some extra cash I'd like to make a sleeper out of The Beemer by installing a turbocharger.


  • Zac is still put out about the Beemer- he had been lobbying for a Jeep for months.


  • A friend of mine and I were browsing a pawn shop for him an auto loader shotgun when I noticed a cash deal fall through. The seller wanted 75 dollars outright for a slick looking pump shotgun. I casually mentioned it on the way out. He said,"Why didn't you tell me, I would have made a deal with him right there!" "You were looking for an auto loader- you retard." came my reply. "Yeah, but 75 bucks? I'll take a pump for that!" "Well, there he goes Mr Deal Maker- catch up to him." We jumped in the car and caught the guy at a light. My buddy honked the horn and got the guys attention. When he looked over at us Steve formed his hand in a circle with his thumb and fingers curled as it would be wrapped around the slide of a pump shotgun and motioned his wrist back and forth like he was operating a pump shotgun (can you see where this is going?). After he made that motion several times he then made the universal sign language of money changing hands by acting like bills were being pulled out of one hand by the other. The dudes eyes got wide, his mouth fell open and he dropped his truck in gear and peeled out running the stop light to get away from us.


  • If I'm lying- I'm dying- that story is true. I laughed 'til I nearly got sick and my face hurt.


  • Wonder if he and our prospective John still tell that story?
  • I don't know what to think of any of the new Linkin Park songs- some will probably grow on me and some are just too weird and overwrought.


3 comments:

an Donalbane said...

I'm not sure what would've worried me more - that the guy didn't pull over, or if he had pulled over after the gesturing your buddy made.

I mean, after all he still had the shotgun...

At least your friend wasn't doing Whistle While You Work.

LandShark 5150 said...

Kevin, Thank you Sir. Thank you for then and now. You are the very definition of Patriot. And I am proud to call you friend.

el chupacabra said...

Don- Ha, always smart- always funny man.

Lando- Thanks bro- same here.