Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Wedneday's Digressions


  • Last night (12/08/2015) I started the first season of Flight Of The Conchords again. Kristen Schaal steals the show as far as I'm concerned but all the characters are pretty hilarious to me. My guess is FOTC is very much an acid test show- you will love it or hate it.
  • A long ago homeless patient still drops by to see me once a year or so. Inevitably, I help him out a little. I do this because it is what I would want people to do for me were I in his shoes but also because he does not abuse the privilege. Recently, he left a candle burning in his hooch and when he came back it was on fire. He asked me for clothes as he lost nearly everything. He may have been lying but the the second+ degree burns on his forearms added a certain credibility to his story. Another plus- he only asked for any cast off clothes I could give him; no money or the moon and stars or anything. He specifically asked for T-shirts and short pants. Could you have said, No? Then you are an inhuman, heartless monster.
  • I am practicing overstating my case to prove my point and speaking in absolutes today.
  • Recently (today is 04/27/2016) I took some sourdough cookies that had a glaze icing on them and sandwiched two of them with Jifs Cookies n cream and hazelnut spread in between . The awesome nearly caused me to stroke out and I think I did have a bit of a TIA.  It may have been the best thing to happen to me since my last wife left. It occurred to me to name it and create an Internet sensation on Instagram or whatever but The Diabetes was already taken.
  • Predators is bad- a really bad movie. Adrian Brody threw on a Batman timbre to his voice to sound hard and tough. It didn't match his appearance even though he was really ripped and looked buff. It seemed very contrived. Special Forces guys are often soft spoken, cerebral types. There should have been a brief back story about how he was a skinny kid who joined the Army... etc. and just talk like himself. As it was it was very distracting.
  • I have it all figured out don't I?
  • Zac now has his own tent to put up in the backyard and camp out when he wants. It intrigues me to consider the memories that may be made with that cheap little thing. Thirty years from now will he look back on sleeping in it as a favorite memory of simpler times?

No comments: