Monday, September 29, 2014

Monday's Missives

  • Too many people in this world presume everybody else is as big of a knucklehead as they themselves are.
  • It is too bad I can't say the name just in case they become a patient (and are real) but I saw a caller on the caller ID in my office of a person who had a cartoon character name. It wasn't Bugs Bunny but it was in that neighborhood. I didn't answer as I had another patient in the office and had no interest in being jacked with at the time.
    Carl Akelely- Read about him here.
  • An update to previous bullet: Later I took a call from another caller with the ID of another cartoon character name. We had a rambling 8 minute conversation and I finally ended the conversation by providing him with the number to a state office with a tenuous connection to our disjointed intercourse. I wonder who they pawned him off on?
  • Yesterday (06/29/2014) I watched The Sandlot for the first time. Whoa it is good. I mean man- really, it is a good movie. Now I see why it is so many peoples favorite movie.
  • "The" always (as in 99% of the time) comes out, "Teh" on my first attempt when I'm typing.
  • Recently someone did something nice for me. Even more recently the same someone asked a favor of me as, it was the least I could do considering _____________ and _____________. The blood in my veins ran cold and I literally felt sick. I thought I was actually going to vomit.
  • A coworker is praised and lauded for her attention to detail. Of course she can pay attention to details- you couldn't blow her off  her office chair with a stick of dynomite to do anything extra.
  • Huh, dynamite is spelled well- dynamite not, "dynomite".
  • Dino-mite!
    Cicada from last year. This has been a sparse year for them- probably too dry.
  • I do not know how many people when referring to Rattlesnake Island in lake Bridgeport I have heard say to the effect, When I was a kid my dad took me out there. It was covered with rattlesnakes! Didn't happen my friend but you can be forgiven for that collective memory recall. How do I know it wasn't true? If the legend were true as soon as word got around, people would have killed every single one of them and it has been called Rattlesnake Island for generations. Anyway, it is too small to support a huge number- what would they eat?
  • To be placed in the, If I'm lyin' I'm dyin' file: This morning (07/02/2014) there was a guy next to me in traffic smoking crack.  He was pouring out sweat- literally drenched and his face was as red as a tomato. When he drew that hit in I watched mesmerized half expecting his head to explode.
  • Check this out- The Sound Defects. You'll dig it the most.
    To be filed under," Can but shouldn't" classification in the car customizing index

4 comments:

Unknown said...

In my head, I'm going to pretend you now have a patient named Yosemite Sam.

We once had a client at my office with a long name (5 words long) drawn from concepts from the Book of Revelation.

Oh, and she was male-to-female transgender.

A couple years after we had helped her, she called again and said, "I don't know if you remember me, but I'm ______ _______ ________ _______ _____."

It seemed wildly unlikely that I'd confuse her with anyone else, say a different transgender woman with along apocalyptic name.

el chupacabra said...

Hiya Katy

Again- dangerously close...

There used to be a guy in Fort Worth [legally] named Shiloh Scarecrow Superfly.

A person who works in an office he visits every few years told me the guy is flattered and seems honestly surprised when she would remember him each time he came in despite the fact anybody who had half a brain would never forget him and anybody with an imagination and whom had seen even one blaxploitation movie would have picked him out in a crowd.

RPM said...

Donald Duck would make sense. But that's Disney, not Warner.

Anonymous said...

He got his name when he went to a Johnny Walker Red concert while tripping on Lsd. Apparently JWR saw him and told him that he should change his name to Shiloh Scarecrow Superfly. Years after meeting him myself i met a guy who worked at Just Brakes and when he took the guys check and saw that name. He was like..ii Sorry, i have to see your ID on this one. Of course it matched the check. I heard he died a few years ago and we will miss that white guy with the big fro and Jesus bus.