- It is 1720.33 on 07/02/2014 and I am literally dying for a cold Coke- an ice cold gallon size coooooold Coke. Omigosh that sounds good.
- An article about the NSA reminded me of a controversy I've been curious about for a long time- polygraph. It is a modern day form of witchcraft in that it isn't real- it only works as far as people believe in it and that bothers me. It embarrasses me for us.
- At a facility I worked in I tendered my resignation after being informed all the nurses would be required to take a polygraph. The short story is a demented patient was found to have drugs in her system for which she did not have an order. Again, the short story is the daughter to the patient had been slipping her the drug and when it wasn't giving the desired effect of bringing the patient back she felt guilty and demanded the urine test. The daughter showed her hand too much too early though- freaking out over the patients behavior, demanding to know what was wrong with her and saying things like, This isn't her- she's on something! etc. We all knew what was going on and I said so in the letter that made its way up to the ivory tower.
- I didn't take the stupid test and I kept my job- in fact nobody took the stupid test.
- The stereo project is if not harder than I anticipated definitely more time consuming. An amazing thing: when part of it had me baffled I Emailed a tech at Crutchfield. He sent me back a picture of my sub with hand drawn blue and red lines detailing how the wiring for my specific application should look. I would have gotten it wrong swearing it was right and burned up a 200 dollar piece of equipment.
- Last night (today is 06/30/2014) I dreamed very vivid and real feeling dreams about Decatur being blown away by tornadoes. I awoke to the sound of the roof turbine screaming and thought it was FG bawling.
- It only hit me as I read Voyage of the Beagle last night that Ecuador is Spanish for equator.
- A thing among ropers when I was a high school lad was to wear a belt that was 8-10 inches too long so the end would be hanging down over their crotch.
When they hung Blackjack Ketchum it decapitated him. His last words were, Goodbye. Please dig my grave very deep. Aright; Hurry up. Hal Ketchum is said to be a direct descendant.