Friday, January 31, 2014

Friday's Dispatch


  • A trailer for every Acadamy Award winning movie- ever.
  • There is a restaurant building on the interstate that has long history of failure and comeback as something else. I am not sure when people will learn it is the location but it makes me sad every time I see it open under a new name. You really can't see it at all going one way and you inevitably see it too late going the other and it is a loooong way to turn back to it and it is hard to tell if the exit that does take you back actually will. I never, ever hear about it reopening until I happen to glance over and see a different name on the sign. I have never met anyone who has eaten there under any of it's iterations although, I vaguely recall somebody telling me they heard it was good as someone they went to church with had eaten there but I totally might be making that up.
  • Earlier I saw an article about a guy who left a baby in a car while he went into a strip club. You could have picked him out as somebody who would both go to a strip club and leave a baby in a parked car by looking at his mug shot. He looked like a douche nozzle. 
  • If I was a young person looking for a trade I would go to auto body mechanic school. There will always be cars, trains, trucks and buses and they will always wreck and/or need painting. The smart person would follow the industry and jump on any kind of computerized training they can get as tech changes. The trade would lend itself well to moving up and/or having your own business and there would always be side work for Xmas money.
  • It was while taking a picture of FG that I realized she loves me. If forced to guess I suppose I would have guessed she did at that time but only would gave have given it a 51 to 60% chance of being correct. You don't even know if a person actually loves you the first time they say it- maybe they're lying or mistaken.
  • I still like the show Dinosaurs but there was more language than I remember and there were 4 seasons which surprises me- I would have guessed 2 max. We're watching it now (12/09/2013) while we try to survive Iceageddon 2013

No comments: