Thursday, January 23, 2014

Thursday's Thoughts




  • Some of my downrange buddies and I were supposed to go do some crazy stuff when we came home to celebrate making it back alive each event sponsored/hosted by one of us. We were supposed to go among other things: bull riding, scuba diving and sky diving. I could barely walk when we got back. Several of us kept in contact by phone and getting together for lunch etc. here and there, then- nothing.
  • When I was a kid one of the big things in nutrition education was it is cheaper to eat healthy. It doesn't seem like that would be true these days.
  • One of the budget cuts was 500 million to WIC. Every dollar spent on that program saved multiple other dollars in healthcare and developmental issues.
  • I think there's things we should just do- because it is the right thing to do.
  • Toyota Tundras are ugly from the rear.
  • I was able to discern 2 of the things I was getting for Christmas based on pop ups that assailed me when I used the computer after FG. I needed the gloves and really like the lantern.
  • None of Jeff Corwin's shows have ever disappointed me.
  • Ha, I just heard somebody in the parking lot randomly doing the Old Spice commercial whistle.
  • If you're a little hard to figure out ( without being creepy ) but generally a nice person people will believe what they want about you- and it will be mostly good.
  • Earlier I saw a headline, " Judge Rules NSA Spying Legal ". Wheew- that is a relief- I am glad that is settled.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is NOT cheaper to eat healthy. Hot dogs are cheap, though.

My ex was a vegan. Thank God I didn't follow in those footsteps because now that we're split up, there's no way I could afford that.

Mmmm... hot dogs.