Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday's Missives



  • Is it a judgement or an observation to look at someone and think, They are or were a former meth addict?
  • Saw a girl this morning who would have been an absolute knockout if it weren't for her history with the drug.
    A marshmallow manufactured specifically for s'mores.

    . There are two types of fungus and a mold growing on these logs- not kidding.

    Motto from my children's school. I'm not sure it makes sense. Shouldn't it be Respect Through Power or Respect My Power ?
                                     
  • JTs Fire And Rain is on my mind.
  • Yesterday morning when it was time to wake up I was dreaming about helping Bing Crosby do a film about his life story. We played golf. He took me to a Hollywood set and reenacted his routine from Singin' In The Rain. It was very vivid and real feeling. It seemed so real in fact his breath smelled of coffee, cigarettes and mints. I had to pee in the dream and real life but didn't want to wake up or be excused by him or interrupt and be rude.
  • Yes, I know Gene Kelly did Singin' In The Rain and I knew it in the dream but again, I didn't want to be rude.



  • It is mind blowing the numbers of old movie and television stars who died of lung, pancreatic or esophageal cancer.
  • Recently I bought 35 pounds of comic books. Night before last I put down Cervantes and picked up G.I. Joe without missing a beat.
    Buzzards going to roost at Mineral Wells SP


  • Recently among other misleading factoids an article I read recently used TREK bikes as an example of how strong the US manufacturing sector actually is. Uh, OK but I hate to tell you dude- the majority of TREK bikes are built in China and Taiwan. Just because gazillionares are making gazillions of dollars overseas selling US made civil and military jets, cars, electronics and even high end carbon fiber bicycles (yes- made in the US by TREK) doesn't say all that much about the strength of our manufacturing sector. How much competition would there be for those jobs? Could you or I just walk up and get one of those magical jobs?




No comments: