Friday, January 31, 2014

Death and Dying- Life, I Suppose

I mentioned an old acquaintance who died recently and bemoaned the fact I didn't get in touch with him when he crossed my mind and I had guessed he was probably sick and in bad shape by then and could use a friend.

It gets worse.

Pretty much everyone else who knew him had lost touch as well. Someone drove by the house which was his home of record. It looked like an abandoned dump with boarded and broken windows trash in the yard, overgrown etc. and this was 2 days after his death.

A handful of people came to his funeral.

The place where he worked had a very good retirement plan. I thought his retirement pay, even with the hit for starting early would still be very adequate. I would have guessed he'd be OK.

He was far from it. He had been there a little less longer than I thought and not long enough for the plan to pay out well.

I am sorry. I am so sorry. We crossed paths for a purpose and I blew it.

2 comments:

Opus #6 said...

Chup, I am so sorry for your loss. So very sorry (((hugs))).

el chupacabra said...

thanks Lady O