Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I Get An Idea. I Write. You Read.

Although it is a trash magnet, with a bit of imagination this site could be an interesting feature for our city's landscape.

Runoff plunge basin near Khols. What I would do if I were King: Plant water loving plants around the pond after enlarging it.
Ensure the plants are optimized  for erosion control, pollution mitigation and food and shelter for birds. As soon as a rarity among birds is spotted, get pictures, play that up and sit back and wait for people to flock to the area to bird watch and spend money.

Very ably done stonework surrounds the site.

1 comment:

an Donalbane said...

I think what you describe is an E.D. (extended detention) basin hybrid, which would feature a small permanent wetland for the aquatic plants and feathered bipeds.

I like the idea - If adequate flow exists to keep mosquitoes in check, the civil engineering feature
can do double duty as a marketing draw for outdoor dining decks/patios.