Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wednesday's Digressions

Is there anything more awesome than a possum on a snowboard?










  • Went to the Jazz Ensemble performance at Weatherford College last night. Normally a little jazz goes a long way for me- I even sat so I could escape unobtrusively. I needn't have bothered. It was nearly mesmerising- it was that good. Jess Meador (I hope that's right) from Decatur stole the show playing fiddle. I know- jazz fiddle?!





  • I thought that theater would seat 400 people. The occupancy sign says 174.





  • The organization I work for is switching over to electronic medical record. It may be the end for some of us.





  • Nissin Noodles Beef teriyaki flavor with Tapatillo sauce is very good.





  • This morning a patient who is coming off heroin was shivering in the not too cold at all waiting room. As I walked by she asked, Sir, I'm freezing- do you have a blanket I can borrow? I went and looked since we keep some for patients in isolation, but evidently someone carried them home to wash. I was sorry I couldn't help her with something so simple.





  • Recently to the question of, "Have you ever traded sex for money or drugs?" a patient had to say, Yes.





  • So sad.

4 comments:

RPM said...

Jazz fiddle? I've actually seen a jazz fiddle jam session at a joint on Jacksboro Highway of all places. It was pretty cool.

an Donalbane said...

Is there anything more awesome than a possum on a snowboard?

That would be pretty much the pinnacle or apogee of life.


Nissin Noodles Beef teriyaki flavor with Tapatío sauce is very good.

A Chong & Cheech lunch?

Opus #6 said...

That is one awesome snowboarding possum.

e medical records are scary-sounding. Best of luck!

el chupacabra said...

R- What's the name of that mystical place?

D- CHEAP lunch!

Lady O- Thanks. By the time you read this I will have jumped from my office window to end it all.

too bad I'm on the ground floor....