Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wednesday's Digressions








  • Somebody I know has a thing for short guys with big, weird looking heads. Really, she's married one like that and has had multiple boyfriends fitting that description. I'm not sure what's going on there, but it's true.



  • I'm tempted to drive to Stephenville for a pork chop at Hard Eight BBQ.



  • Zac is napping.



  • If Santorum is the Republican nom. for President you better get your mind wrapped around four more years of President Obama. Maybe, you're cool with that- and that's OK, but it's a natural fact it will happen.



  • Most of law enforcement efforts to curb the illegal drug trade only make the drugs exponentially more expensive, guaranteeing new property and violent crime to get the money for people to obtain the drugs.



  • I push my fingers into my eyes it's the only thing that stops the ache, but it's made of the things I have to take.

5 comments:

Kathleen... said...

Hey! Our roofer was telling me the other day that the Hard Eight guys opened another place in Roanoke! Might shorten your drive....;-)

Jarhead™ said...

I was IN Stephenville last night for a baseball scrimmage and everyone was going on and on and on and on and on about how they couldn't wait to go to Hard Eight after the game.

Meh. Hype like that makes me less likely to eat at a place that everyone raves about.

Babe's is a perfect example. It's fucking fried chicken. Sweetie Pie's is another example (o-ver ra-ted clap clap clapclapclap).
Hell I had a great steak at the Tumbleweed in Cresson, Texas for God's sake.

I'm sure Hard Eight is good, but If I want BBQ Ima go to the Smoke Pit across from Chrome's in FW. At least I can see titties while I eat mediocre food. And after all, isn't that what life is all about?

P.S. you can get a great pork chop at Del Frisco's downtown for lunch for about the same price as Hard Eight without having to make the trip to Stephenvul. It's the other white meat. Besides titties.

el chupacabra said...

K- You know what they say about girls that talk to roofers...

Jar- Ha. Will try Del Frisco's- always wanted to try it anyway. Always assumed too rich for my blood, but didn't think about lunch.
Hard 8 is good (maybe not great) and always good- one thing I like about it. Also, beans and breads are reaaaally good.

an Donalbane said...

K - Is Hard Eight what's going in @ the south end of Oak @ 377?

Anonymous said...

Hard Eight in Roanoke has been open for a couple of weeks. Ive eaten there 3 times and always good but pricy. Sorry Jar but I don't like the smoke pit cuz I hate looking at a menu I can't order from if you know what I mean.


Official Meatitarian of the Blogosphere.

Dew