Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Wednesday's Digressions






    Christmas morning 2011







  • In my career I must have opened literally thousands of alcohol prep pad packs to use as skin prep for shots. The other day alcohol from one somehow managed to bypass my glasses when I opened it and splashed in my eye- right in front of a patient. There was no playing it off, I groaned and thrashed around and rubbed my eye like a crazy person- while he looked at me like I was well, a crazy person.



  • When I recently remarked on another patients interesting course of study and indicated I was genuinely impressed by the short length of time in which she obtained her bachelors degree she replied," Oh yes. I'm highly intelligent, in fact I'm super smart." And then starting from the type of grass and species of trees outside my office window and working her way back into the office and discussing the history of medicine and various office technologies present she set out to prove how very smart she was.



  • I've never liked the bands Dire Straits or The Police.



  • Oddly, I'm warming to some of David Bowie's music although I never cared that much for it in the past.



  • At Christmas at my sisters I picked up one of my great nieces who is two years old. In the past, she hadn't been that tolerant of me. She babbled and talked at me for a few seconds then rubbed the entire top of my head in a circular motion and followed that up by patting it right on the crown three times and then cracking up laughing.



  • Don Rickles roasting everybody, but mostly Dean Martin.

4 comments:

RPM said...

The Rickles video is marked private. Too bad, he's greatness.

an Donalbane said...

I'm lukewarm on Knopfler's band, liked their late '70s stuff OK.

Also not so much for the PoPos, though I liked some of the Stinglehoffer's solo work.

Bowie has had his moments, but the whole androgyny stuff always weirded me out.

Too bad about the CPO Sharkey vid - that other Don dude is the bomb.

Kathleen... said...

LOVE the pic!!

el chupacabra said...

R- I wish you could have seen it- it changed after I put it up. It was awesome.

Don- Same here for Stings solo music.

Kathleen- Thanks- it kinda captured the moment I thought.