Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Saturday Evening Submission










  • This morning since I was running out of shaving cream I mixed the small amount I had with some lotion to shave. It caused some kind of reaction which gave me a mild chemical burn. It was about the time my face started melting off that I remembered the same thing had happened once before when I tried that trick.



  • Only to me...



  • We're going to my eldest son's choral performance at Chandor Gardens today. Interestingly, I tried multiple times to take him when he was little. We'd go and they'd be closed. We'd go during scheduled hours and they'd be closed for renovations. I didn't know there was a fee for admission (or forgot my wallet etc)...



  • Update: the choral performance was great. I was so proud of my son. I forgot the battery to my camera so all I have are the memories in my mind. Maybe that's a lesson.



  • The gardens are beautiful- really it's more than shocking it fell into ruinous disrepair at one point.



  • I have never had a cold sore.



  • My wife thinks your dead

3 comments:

an Donalbane said...

I had not heard of the Chandor Gardens - was aware of the place at Lamar & Norton, and of course, Angel's Nest.

Would love to have seen the west side of town 75 years ago.

If I were married, I'd probably take my wife to places like that, Glen Rose, etc. every two or three months.

an Donalbane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
el chupacabra said...

Hey Don- You'd enjoy CG. Douglas Chandor was a portrait artist who painted the Roosevelts, Churchill and members of Englands Royal family.
Look it up and get the hours then go visit. It's 5 dollars for adults. It covers I think- 3.4 acres.