Monday, December 5, 2011

Handel's Messiah...






  • Zac and I just got in from seeing Handel's Messiah. It. Was. Pretty. Great.

  • Dad, there's two girls with violins, one boy with a violin and one girl with a shello.

  • I kept praying one particular lady in the choir would step out front for the last chorus...

  • The center seats 500 people. There might have been 20 empty seats.

  • While warming up, the first violin kept playing I think Turkey In The Straw to make the second giggle.

  • My German instructor Germany was named Herr Handel. I know we asked, but for the life of me I can't remember if he was related.

  • It's been over 200 years since that oratorio was composed and interestingly, tonight's performance was as much as Handel intended as has ever been performed- a small orchestra and choir with the performance itself being as grand as it was simple.

  • Good night world- wherever you are.

  • Soli Deo Gloria

2 comments:

an Donalbane said...

My kids' mother is an excellent violinist (and strings instructor) - used to love to hear the Arlington Symphony Orchestra play its Christmas program @ UTA.

Kathleen... said...

You strike me as being a marvelous father. =)