Friday, December 9, 2011

Friday's Dispatch









  • "Tiberius Gracchus first makes a mark on history winning the golden crown from General Scipio Aemilianus by being first over the wall at the victorious Battle of Carthage. Back in Rome, now the capital of the world, he finds the growing gap between rich and poor threatening the foundations of the republic." Aha- that's what caused the fall of Rome and what will also be our downfall! Yes, that or that's what people will want believe that about every society.

  • Recently on a sitcom a character said to the effect, "It's a flintlock rifle. To load it you place it in the half-cock position and place a percussion cap over the nipple..." A flintlock doesn't use a percussion cap- it uses flint for spark.

  • Aerialist: the occupation of a recent patient.

  • This morning I was out of the shower, shaved and half dressed by the time I'm normally maybe just getting in the shower.

  • I don't know what will be for breakfast, but it will be something bad. Yesterday, I tried to be healthier and eat watermelon. It was tasteless and left me unsatisfied for hours. I felt like I was starving.

  • I Can Feel You All Around Me

2 comments:

aroundthecorner said...

I splurged this morning, french toast and syrup from a local quickie mart in Ponder, with a side order of egg/sausage sandwich and coffee. I'm very satisfied. Not diabetic friendly, but satisfied. I will be good the rest of the day. Don't tell Whitney please!

Paxford said...

For breakfast this morning I am thinking bacon :D [sadly I still don't have a working kitchen so "thinking" may be all that's achieved... possibly a few wistful tears]

Pax