Sunday, December 25, 2011

It's A Wonderful Life

Letter to Santa written in 1911 and left on a fireplace for him to find. It slipped between a shelf where it was found nearly 100 years later.




  • We went to Sunshine Lake to feed the ducks and geese Saturday. Gulls have always been there, especially in winter, but I've never seen so many before. There wasn't room for any more to roost on the fishing pier.

  • I'm just not in the mood for Christmas this year. A Vietnamese acquaintance said Thursday,"Oh, you a baw humbaw!"

  • My sister isn't even making her awesome ham this year. We're to bring finger food.

  • I get what it means, but ponder that- finger food. It sounds weird and even looks weird in print.

  • One year I dropped by her house for Christmas, although I couldn't stay long since I had to work. They were at the cemetery. When I called she said,"Well, if you can't stay, every thing's out and ready, make your self a plate and we'll see you next time."

  • I ate half the ham.

  • She just laughed and laughed.

  • Warning: do not taunt African clawed bullfrog

1 comment:

Opus #6 said...

I hope you have a Merry Christmas anyway. Crudites are always a favorite, and are nutritious finger food, too.