Monday, December 5, 2011

Monday's Missives





    I know it's ridiculously anthropomorphic, but I see this little guy having a self deprecating sense of humor and being a totally good sport.





  • A dark thirty war story: We're motoring through a village on a road with higher ground on one side and buildings lining the other- cover and concealment for everyone, except us. I'm already fuming over the stupidity of the mission. I can see older teens and younger adults hanging back out of the light- I just catch glimpses here and there. Suddenly I hear a loud pwang against my gunners shield and then multiple impacts of something against the body of the truck. Seeing red I say, "Them !$*#@ are throwing rocks at us. Somebody is about to get straight up murdered. Stop. The. Truck." I command. I throw the door open, my finger already on the trigger and thumb wrapped around the safety of my weapon. From up and to my left I hear my gunner call out,"No, no, no, noooo, sergeant- Kev, Kev, Kev- hey, it's candy! It's candy- not rocks! Just cannnnnndy!"



  • Only in Weatherford Texas or only happening to me- the waitress at my breakfast place sat across from me when I was through eating and ate the French toast I didn't touch and chatted with me.



  • Freedom toast.



  • Ray Kurzweill believes it only a matter of time (as in easily in our lifetimes) before AI is developed that is smarter than humans.



  • Sometimes I'm afraid that's not saying much.



  • When I hear Mitt Romney's name, I automatically see SNLs Jason Sudeikis in character and can't recall for the life of me what Romney actually looks like.



  • Nearly heaven: front row of SNL, Alec Baldwin hosts and Foo Fighters and Elton John are the musical guests.



  • It doesn't get much better than this- The Story of Riki Oh

4 comments:

Kathleen... said...

Love the darling little hot dog & the cannnnddyyy story [whew!]...:)

an Donalbane said...

Not sure the little guy is being a good sport or just doesn't have much say in the matter...

RPM said...

Actual Heaven: Gilda Radner hosts and The Blues Brothers are the musical guest.

el chupacabra said...

Kathleen- yep, I was ready to commit a massacre over some cheap, imported candy.
PS it's pronounced massacree
PSS I'm still convinced the first sound WAS arock striking my gunner's shield.

Don- I know- that's the problem with anthropomorphism!

R- You got me there. Uh, really- I have no pithy retort or quick come back.