Monday, December 19, 2011

Monday's Missives










    Hey Now... Amanda Tapping









  • I asked my sister and two other people recently about an old friend. They knew him, but were not friends- I asked since they live in the area where I last knew him to be still and may have learned something by osmosis about what he's doing. Today, I got a text he's looking for me- and none of the people I asked had contact with him. He just had me on his mind also. I called and spent over an hour catching up. Interestingly, he's married to a woman I knew him to be crazy about at least 20 years ago. They've been together for 13 years. Their paths crossed often through the years, but they never spent much time together. We stopped once at a store in another town. When he came out he said, You'll never believe who was working in there! He prattled on about how beautiful and awesome she was for the next hour.





  • I've started rereading Enemy At The Gates- 2 or maybe 3 weeks after finishing it. It's mostly because I'm trying to learn and retain more about the Stalingrad battle and want the information to stick, but it's also because it's just such a good book.





  • It's very rare I'll drink milk past the due date. It had better be some very convincing milk to make me believe it's safe to drink and I'd better be in some kind of a milk drinking, non house leaving mood.





  • Tainted Love

3 comments:

RPM said...

Greatest invention ever and we hardly see it in the US, Ultra-pasteurized milk. Stays fresh for months and needs no refrigeration. You can keep it in a plastic bag in the pantry and it tastes like regular milk. Something the Israeli's came up with.

el chupacabra said...

Interesting- I'd heard the term, but didn't know what it was. I'll check that out.

an Donalbane said...

I remember they had those when we lived in Vienna - milk in bags, though I don't remember for sure if it was UP or not. We put them in a pitcher or jar in the fridge as soon as we got home.

I think a one liter milk bag is approximately equivalent to a DD. ;-)