Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wednesday's Digressions













  • Recently during a phone call my daughter said,"Daddy are you going to be home so I can come see you?" In the background I could hear Zac say,"If you're going to see my daddy- I'm going to see my daddy. Zaaaac- hush, stop it! I'm talking to daddy on the phone. she said. I don't care- If you're going to see my daddy, I'm going to see my daddy."

  • We walked to go out and eat and hung out a little. They rode the scooter around and were good to each other. A very nice, simple time.

  • I was never any better than when I did construction work or soldiering. A character on a tv show I watched once said to the effect, What happened to the time when a man built cities- just to burn them down?

  • He may even hate his music, but if a guy knows anything at all about guitar, he knows Prince is one of the best living guitar players. I'd heard that before and recently read it again after some magazine shafted him in a top 100 list. My guess is it's probably true, but it still seems weird for some reason.

  • I woke up with Foo Fighters song Monkey wrench in my head and I have no idea why.

  • How 300 should have ended.

5 comments:

aroundthecorner said...

I agree, should have made the top 100, maybe top 50.
He is so hidden in the last ten years that he may have just been overlooked.
Simple times are good. Those times I cherish way more than I did ten years ago.

Kathleen... said...

LOVE the Zac/big Sister story. =)

Opus #6 said...

The work you do right now is the hardest imaginable. At least in soldiering your buddies are not constantly dying.

There should be great rewards for angels like you.

el chupacabra said...

ATC- I don't know what's going on there though- I think a lot of people just don't associate him with the guitar.

Kathleen- Aw thanks. That one was kinda bittersweet.

Lady O- I don't do well with kind words like those, but I'll take them- coming from you.

an Donalbane said...

I recently saw a youtube of Prince - wait - I posted a youtube of The Artist, performing While My Guitar Gently Weeps in a Geo Harrison tribute. It was pretty awesome.