Saturday, December 24, 2011

Saturday's Situation








  • My boys look so much like me I feel sorry for them until I see how much better than me they also look- then I get jealous.

  • "How" first came out as "ho".

  • Recently I did a kinda big kind thing for somebody that was unexpected by the other person and selfless on my part. Yesterday, I did a mid range good deed that will likewise go unrewarded.

  • I'm getting soft in my old age.

  • Overheard at work,"If another patient corrects me on something and says,"Mr. Kevin said do it this way or don't do it like that." Or, if they say, Can Kevin see me? Kevin is my nurse. I'm gonna scream."

  • I do well on my own- reasonably so anyway and obviously enough so, that others often comment on that fact. However, I'm much better off with somebody good to and for me. It's good for me to be able to say, She makes me want to be a better man. It's one of those weird ironies in life, where a positive thing probably conceals a defect (or vice versa?).

  • If I saw Lewis Black in a live show, I think he'd make too nervous to enjoy it- at all.

  • Nine minutes: the length of time from start to finish it took to complete this post.

  • Last convoy out of Iraq- aerial view from Predator.

1 comment:

Opus #6 said...

Conceal a defect? We all have defects, being imperfect. The best kind of friend to have is someone who brings out the best in us, rather than the worst. You are on the right track.

I love that your patients prefer you. I expected that, given the respectful way you talk about them.