Monday, October 10, 2011

Tuesday's Thoughts

You know it's bad- when the movie poster can't make it look less awful than this.












  • I awoke the other morning with a book over my face and turned to see Zac with one still in his hand. I don't know if it gets any better than that.







  • A plan for anybody in uncertain times: Get your nursing degree, then accept a commission in the US Army. The Army will pay your loans off. Stay in for 20, retire a major (easy), Lt Colonel or Colonel and work when you want, where you want part time for the rest of your life and enjoy yourself. As a bonus- marry someone with similar ideals. You'll have more disposable income and freedom than the average so called millionaire.







  • I could go without an alarm clock at my present job and probably never worry. At around 0530 every morning my eyes open regardless.







  • A very hot patient (whose new patient interview I'd conducted) said when she came in to see the doctor,"Kevin don't make me wait forever." and winked at me. Of course, the goofball did it so two other nurses, and a front desk girl heard her. They took turns hamming it up. "Kevvvvin don't make me waiiiit! "No" another would say," You have to be more sultry and breathless, "Oh Kevvvvin, you make me hotttt. Don't make wait for yoooou!" while swinging their rear ends around with their hand on their hips and pooching their lips out.







  • Women are the devil.







  • I could live on Taco Cabana for breakfast and Olive Garden for dinner.







  • Memories Of Dying Days cover Pantera's Domination I'm proud to know you- keep it up.

6 comments:

aroundthecorner said...

Teaching children to read and having them know the importance of such is wonderful. My dear great aunt Sue had a marvelous library in her home. She was a librarian in Nacogdoches for many years and her husband a professor at SFA. She would without fail, always send a book home with me when we were there visiting.
My stepson that lives with us is currently debating the military (he's a senior)Marines)). Both his older brothers are Professional Fire Fighters/EMT/Paramedics. I will read him your post. I feel you are exactly correct in what you say. Military/medical field = Rock Solid Future!
Olive Garden...Now I'm hungry, thanks Kevin.

el chupacabra said...

ATC- Sorry if you're not a block away from an OG like I am...
The military life is great- whether it's an enlistment or a lifetime. A great life. The pay is better than credit is ever given for a persons experience. All the services are better about stabilizing the service member at bases longer. Depending on the job they have, plenty of people get their degrees while in (some commanders REQUIRE the troop to enroll in at least one class to see if it's for them). It is fun- at the end of the duty day your time is your own and if you're single, no yards to mow etc.- guys go to games,concerts, play video games etc.
Once the person gets out, they don't have to worry about college and it's nearly assured they'll be a better student.
As far as war and getting killed? You can die crossing the street.

an Donalbane said...

That is definitely a cheesy poster.

Love the Taco Cabana breakfast burritos with potatoes and bacon.

Unknown said...

Have you SEEN "The Villain"?

They overdub Arnold's lines!
Kirk Douglas - Kirk freeakin' Douglas! - is prancing around like Wile E. Coyote cartoonishly trying to drop boulders on Arnold.

It has to be in the all-time weird/awful movies I've ever seen.

el chupacabra said...

Tha Don- Omigosh yes brother- add some chorizo and onions to that and you're good to hook!



Hey Katy- I have a feeling I can trust on this. I looooove bad movies anyway and had stored this gem in the back of my mind to assault my senses with someday- so Ima gonna watch it.

The Angry Squaw said...

I need your help with something for papoose 2. I don't see a way to email u directly. I follow your blog. I am The Angry Squaw. If u have time, please email me at irishcrazy10@gmail.com thanks