Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wednesday's Digressions












  • Weird things about me: my right thigh midway between my knee and hip has a spot that occasionally burns for no good reason. Although, there's no redness or anything visible at all, the webbing between the index finger and middle finger of my right hand has itched like mad on and off for years. I smell just about everything I have a reason to inspect. The smell of Hawaiian Tropic tanning oil makes me crazy like nothing else in this world. Although I don't like being around a truly foul mouthed woman, hearing one drop two specific curse words can do the same.

  • Also, if I drink out of a Styrofoam cup it makes my teeth hurt- really just thinking about it is bothersome.

  • I zonked out early since I work late clinic tomorrow, well- make that tonight. Now I'm up at 1 in the morning. I've said it before, but- I'm something of a genius that way.

  • A safer place to live I cannot imagine, but it was kind of alarming to just now notice that the front door has been unlocked all night.

  • For someone who genuinely enjoys the company of other people I do surprisingly well alone, especially considering how long I was married.

  • I was a good husband.

  • Man, a Mr. Pibb sounds good right now.

  • People seem to get me wrong a lot.

  • Laura Hillenbrand's Unbroken- what I'm reading.

  • I wish you were coming back. I really, really enjoyed talking to you and getting to know you. Come back if you can. What my last hospice patient's 96 year old husband said.

  • Brian Jonestown Massacre Anemone.

No comments: