Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday's Dispatch







    I started to say, I hate to think how many hours of my life I've spent looking at our moon, but I don't begrudge any of them. I love it. It's amazing.









  • Sonny Boy Al Jolson






  • Although it doesn't happen a lot, I've been asked quite a few times if I'm Catholic (and was today). I've got an idea why this happens, but I'm not sure.






  • Recently, at a lunch table among about 8 nurses I was the lone boy. The talk turned to dreamy actors. Most were quite hot for Brad Pitt, but all thought Matt Damon had aged and matured remarkably well. "Kevin, who do you like? Who does it for you? one asked. Well, Brad Pitt is dreamy... No- really. Well, I just got out of a relationship, so I haven't thought about that in a while. I replied. You can still look and dream... No, my mind doesn't work that way- really, I didn't even look at anyone else..."






  • Yes, there were, Ooooh, how sweets all around.






  • I'm such a snot.






  • One of my public health patients was recently robbed. He has multiple disabilities. God, how awful. I was tempted to give him some money, but did not. That is one slippery slope, but that money would have meant way more to him than me.




  • Funny: an old hospice patient of mine got better and is now often pushed in her wheelchair to her neighborhood bar.




  • I'm losing my touch.

2 comments:

aroundthecorner said...

W-spouse is also a nurse, RN at WRHS currently doing pre-op assesment. Before she worked as a circulator in the OR, which is her passion. I could see you and her at a table bullshitting the time away. Her views and yours are very similar......other than that damn headbanger music :-)

el chupacabra said...

Ha! ATC you made me laugh. I know- it's a shortcoming...