Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wednesday's Digressions










  • Life is a waterfall. We drink from the river then we turn around and put up a wall.




  • Coldplay might be breaking up. They say nobody wants to listen to them anymore. They get it- their terribleness is terrible. I really never got their fame. The one or two songs they had that were good, were yeah- pretty good, but that shouldn't have overcome the awfulness inertia created by the other sixty songs they did.




  • Katy wrote an interesting and funny post on why she's against gay marriage. People were worried about recrimination against people when DADT ended. I think people on both sides of that debate were disappointed when no awfulness resulted. I promise you- nobody cared. The same folks who didn't realize how much they thrived on the secrecy they had to employ previously will be a little more out there for a while to get the charge they didn't know they needed and yes- gay folks will enlist in somewhat higher percentages for a while, but I don't think it will be end of the military.




  • I had forgotten System of a Down did Aerials until I came across it last night.




  • I have owned a printer now for over a year that hasn't been out of the box. It was part of a bundled deal and I really thought it would see some use.




  • Well, OK it does see some use- as a drawing table for Zachary.




  • The Neverending Pasta Bowl promotion has ended at Olive Garden.




  • Yes-Kevin wept.




  • An acquaintance's boyfriend told her it was, "That extra weight you're carrying around." when she mentioned her back was bothering her.




  • Brother, I don't believe I would have said that.

2 comments:

RPM said...

I rarely have a printer that lasts a year. Seems like the last 3 or 4 I bought lasted less than a year before they were trashed. I blame the crusher dust plume.

I'm sure I can't match any of your combat adrenaline rushes, but I did clear hurdle a 6ft chain link fence leaving a party when someone yelled "GUN!". I was 6'2" and weighed 200lbs. Not your everyday Carl Lewis.

It's all in the motivation.

el chupacabra said...

Ha! You got that right. An old friend kind of got run off from a frat party. As he was was leaving he said,"I've got two words for you Glock and nine and mine is in the car and I'll be right back." He left and broke into a run to get away when he heard people knocking stuff over to get out the back as he left the front.