Saturday, October 8, 2011

Saturday's Situation







  • Zachary and I both pumped about the cooler weather and the camping it will bring. I think we're going to try hammocks with a tarp over us before it gets too cold.

  • I woke up early this morning and went out to the lake to watch the sunrise.

  • A few days ago I woke up with an old hospice patient on my mind. At breakfast, in my change I received a dollar bill that had the very unique nickname of that patients primary care provider written across the front. Is that some sort of God thing I'm supposed to do something with or a million to one coincidence?

  • I am not sure what Salisbury steak is exactly, but my mom could make the best in the world.

  • Cardboard Warfare

4 comments:

aroundthecorner said...

I believe that it could very well mean something. One and a million shots just are just that. Things like that seem to happen all the time, most times we just don't notice the gift when it's staring us in the face.

an Donalbane said...

I think the cardboard warfare was inevitable - In the early days, producing war matérial was expensive - forging and milling and machining and such. I took a tour of Lockheed a few years back and they showed us a huge titanium billet, for a JSF bulkhead, that they had been milling, constantly, for six weeks.

Along came Mike Kalashnikov and said "Хеы, летьс юст фолд овер соме шеет метал!" (Hey, let's just fold over some sheet metal), instead of forging and machining rifle receivers.

Then, Gaston Glock piped up and said "I played with GI Josef as a kid - how about we make plastic guns?", in German, of course, in a thick Austrian dialect (Sorry, BHO, Austrian is not a language).

So, of course it's natural that we would evolve to cardboard as a primary source component - although I imagine there's quite a bit of cutting waste on the factory floor. Therefore, on the suggestion of inventors Messrs. Bacharach and David in the 1960s, propose the next generation - environmentally conscious, injection molded, biodegradable:

Papier-mâché!

RPM said...

I'll tell you what Salisbury Steak isn't... liver and onions. Made that mistake once at a buffet.

el chupacabra said...

ATC- Thanks, I think you're right.

Tha Dawn- Lulz

R- Bleack!