Monday, October 17, 2011

Monday's Missives


















  • Underworld Born Slippy NUXX






  • I've never put a bumper sticker on a vehicle nor used the word genre in a sentence.






  • Quite possibly the worst thing I've ever heard in my life: A friend of someone I know and his wife after years of trying had a baby. When the boy was four he and his father were walking in a parking lot hand in hand. A driver wasn't paying attention and swung wide in into the lot and run over the child killing him instantly. One second hand in hand- the next gone forever.






  • Zachary and I ate Schlotzkie's at Holland Lake Park. He ate more of my Sour Cream And Onion chips than I did. We saw a baby snake- I'm not sure what kind it was, which is unusual.






  • A neighbor has an old full size Blazer with those bars instead of doors. The stray cat that hangs around slips under them and sleeps in it at night. I can't wait until they discover each other some sleepy morning.






  • The thought of suing somebody has seriously crossed my mind only once that I recall (should have done it) and I really think the overuse of lawsuits is one of the ugly things about our society. However, I'm afraid if anyone ever smashed into me while texting- the next place they'd see me would be court.




  • Here, look at two camels in bad moods because they're in an uncool car.

3 comments:

RPM said...

Late one Sunday night Dad climbed in his truck to go to Houston. As soon as he sat down and flipped on the dome light he saw a black blur coming out of the shadows in the sleeper and felt intense pain in his neck.

Our cat has decided to camp out in the sleeper, freaked out when the light came on and dug her claws in his neck trying to get the hell out of there.

an Donalbane said...

Those are definitely distressed dromedaries.

el chupacabra said...

R- I had a 66 Chevelle once that had the driver's window stuck in the half open position. One morning I left for work. Oddly, I was easily half a block away when the neighbors cat decided to come unlgued. She squawled and started making laps around the interior. She would land in my lap- we would both jump and scream and she would bypass the open drivers window for another lap. The process would then repeat...

The don- Ha! I should have thought of that one.