Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thursday's Thoughts






    God, bless all those responsible for bringing high angle Hell on our enemies.







  • American convoys attacked for profit in Pakistan


  • The Lee Greenwood song that was used during the Gulf War and later during countless Hurray For Us! days? The average American warfighter hates that song with a passion. I cannot tell you how many times I've been in a formation and on seeing one of the CO's gofers head for a CD player I've heard the guy next to me mutter under his breath,"God, please don't let it be Lee Greenwood- pleeeeease." There might be a redneck type here and there who doesn't get how cheesy it is, but by and large it is tolerated by necessity- not loved by the troops as I believe folks assume.


  • I saw a video recently of a woman giving her 8 year old daughter Botox injections to treat wrinkles prior to one of those imbecilic pageants. Tell me- please, it's not legal for her to do that to that poor child.


  • Chevrolet has come out with a Camaro they call the ZL1. It makes 580 horsepower.


  • Santa, I've been a good boy this year...


  • Til Tuesday Voices carry

4 comments:

Sherri said...

great song! hush, keep it down now...

i always wondered about some of the more cheesy patriotic songs... whether or not the troops serving our country liked them or not... some of those songs are pretty bad...

so i you continue being good, you might get one of those camaros? be hard to fit it under the tree....

aroundthecorner said...

I was singing the same thing Sherri....hush hush. Did you read the comments under the song? I wonder how true they are?

el chupacabra said...

Mon Sherri- I really can't speak about any others, but I know for a fact when you here a massive groan eminatting from anywhere troops are gathered and it's near the Fourth or a deployment- Lee Greenwood is a likely culprit!
It would be worth it to BUY a tree big enough! Zoooooom...

ATC- I'm going to check those out- I have not yet.

an Donalbane said...

Took middle son to a Driver's Edge program @ TMS last Saturday.

While the kiddos got to drive 3-series Bimmers as part of the course, there was a demo team there with 911 Carerra 911 RSR, featuring a 515 HP LS-3 crate Chevy. Kinda odd to not see a boxer motor back there.