Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wednesday's Digressions














  • Goodbye Horses by Q Lazarus Tell me where you've heard this classic before.







  • There are very few things in this world I ever truly crave- orange juice and chicken livers are two of them. I'll literally try to ignore the OJ craving, go to to bed and toss and turn until I give up and go to Wal Mart in the middle of the night and buy a couple of different types. Then, I'll guzzle a quart and not touch the stuff again for months. When I crave chicken livers if the first I buy don't hit the spot I'll go the next day and buy more. Once the craving is sated I may not eat them again for years.







  • We all know OJ kills though, so I better be careful.







  • I think I'm girlfriendless. She got some kind of mad at me last night and walked out without hardly a word- really, I mean- she didn't even look back.







  • That's a bad sign- right?







  • Nearly 3 AM and we have a soccer game at 8... It's always so fun though, I'll be energised as soon as the game starts.







  • There's a cat hanging around that I think is making a very good living off suckers like me and my neighbors even though he doesn't belong to anybody.







  • You know you're getting old: when you're older than all the cops, doctors and teachers and you read the obituaries.







  • All things being equal- I almost always get along well with Mexican and black people.

6 comments:

todd said...

Love that pic. My ex-wife started eating my heart out at our wedding too.

YM said...

I'm thinking it's a good the idea behind that photo never caught on in a big way.

an Donalbane said...

I like beef or calf liver, but not obsessively. To save money, I buy the beef liver, and soak it in milk to tone it down.

My mother likes chicken liver.

el chupacabra said...

todd- Dudde, when you stop making me bust out laughing with your comments- you're banned brother.

My queen- As usual, you're right my dear.

Donster- I know we are getting into nitty gritty arguments over eating guts, but I cannot for the life of me imagine eating livers of beeves- eeeew.

Ryan said...

That's definitely the background music to Buffalo Bill tucking his junk back. "Silence of the Lambs.'

RPM said...

Back in the day when I was a trucker, I was heading across New Mexico on I-40 and kept seeing billboards every 5 miles or so about a new truckstop. They kept bragging about all the luxuries they had including a 40ft buffet and by God that was where I was going to eat.

I drove non-stop all freaking day to get there and was starving by the time I finally made it. Pretty swanky joint. I rode the tram from my truck to the main building and walked thru the minimall, past the masseuse and the movie theater to find that 40ft buffet.

I grabbed a plate and loaded up with Salisbury steak and mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, steamed broccoli & cauliflower with Hollandaise, and fried okra. I sat down cut myself a man sized hunk of steak and took a bite.

I almost hurled my spleen out when it turned out to be liver and onions instead of Salisbury steak.