- A Journey To Other Worlds by John Jacob Astor- in HTML at the Gutenberg Project: a very passable though, antiquated science fiction book by one of the richest men in the world at the time and the richest man to die on Titanic. He was a complex character in that with the fortune he inherited he made millions more with his own work. He held patents to several useful inventions. During the Spanish American war he was a lieutenant colonel in a unit he financed himself. As Titanic was sinking he pushed several people to the lifeboats saving them although he could not join his young and hugely pregnant wife aboard one himself.
- When I enlisted in the Texas National Guard the two other guys who came with me, two recruiters and the full time guy sat around the office watching pron on a reel to reel projector, drinking beer and eating chicken. Afterwards we took an M151 Jeep out to the Grasslands near Decatur and went hill climbing. And I'm sorry, but if you have trouble buying that, you simply would not believe any of my other stories.
- I do want to clarify one thing though- that unit was consistently rated high for deployability and was the first to max the Army's ARTEP. This in fact got us tailed by regular Army units to try and learn our secrets.
- Secret #1 when in the field and you shut down in the evening if you expend a fire extinguisher over the beer you smuggled in your duffle bag you can make it nicely cool- if not frosty.
- Headlines are, Religious groups object to covering birth control. You can oppose birth control or abortion- take your pick. You can't have it both ways.
- When a crash seems inevitable endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slowly and gently as possible. An Army aviation truism.
- Harry Nilsson Everybody's Talkin' from 1969.
566 million dollars inside CH47 helicopter July 23 2004 Iraq. Each blue bundle contains 1.56 million dollars. Total weight of load was 14,000 pounds. Total amount of donation moved by these birds inside Iraq was 2 billion dollars. We are insane.