Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thursday's Thoughts









    To be filed under: if not only in Weatherford TX, then certainly not in too many other cities on a Tuesday afternoon.






  • All for the love of sunshine. Yes, the Military Channel has been showing Kelly's Heroes.



  • My company commander played Ride Of The Valkeries over the net during a battle drill once- a companies worth of Bradley Fighting Vehicles and Abrams tanks deployed in smoke on open terrain with that iconic song playing in everyones headsets- awesome. It was beautiful, but a big ole mess since no one could communicate with each other as the signal from the music was co opting the net.



  • Alex Briley who was an original member of The Village People lost a brother in the WTC attacks of 01. The brother has been identified as the falling man in the famous pic of the same name.



  • My car broke down on my way to work this morning. I don't know the last time that happened. At the shop they said,"Maybe it will take just a minute and you can wait." Then it was,"Well, maybe it won't be too long. We'll call you." Twelve hours later I still haven't heard from them. That's usually a bad sign.



  • Walking back from taking my trash out while wearing scrubs a couple drove by. The female got the guys attention then looked back back at me and I could lip read her saying,"Is he a doctor?"



  • At a facility I work at sometime careproviders who've received a little training to assist the residents who are supposedly self directed with their medications refer to themselves as medication nurses- crazy. That would be no different than my referring to myself as a doctor. I've mentioned this before, but man it really blows me away people would still be so foolish as to do something like that.

5 comments:

Paxford said...

Kelly's Heroes

Love love love this movie but the soundtrack always throws me [the "WWII" meets "Hip 70's music"]

Hmm... must find my copy and watch again

Pax

Sherri said...

in Brenham, one can see covered wagons rolling down the street under the power of some mules... several trail ride clubs in that area... always was fun to watch them... don't know why really ha!

apocolypse now... one of my all time favorite movies... craziness... i cannot even begin to imagine what it would be like to experience wartime that way... thank you for your service!!

when i was an ER nurse, we often were mistaken for docs, something i QUICKLY corrected... eek! same with working in dispatch... we used to wear uniforms that looked just like the coppers only with a different badge and no duty belt... i would sometimes stop to get gas on the way to or from work and get asked questions as if i was the po-lice... thank goodness we don't wear those types of uniforms anymore

Jarhead™ said...

Maybe they stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night...

el chupacabra said...

Paxilicious- I know the anachronistic music can throw you, but once you get used to the idea it works.

Mon Sherri- One of my war buddies is from the Branham area. I always told him I was going to go down there and take his mom out...

Devildawg- Maybe...

PS Sherri- I mean take her out for dinner or something- uh, not kill her.

Sherri said...

hahaha! i am sure glad you clarified "taking her out" :) funny man