Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wednesday's Digressions













  • Kasabian- Underdog Live in a plane- literally.




  • A recent patient lived in the most awesome house- it was perfect. There is not a dollar amount of dream worth I could have that would make me change a thing about it. That is the first time I've been in a house I could say that about. It was gorgeous. If I sold my last house to put toward the house I'm speaking of I might be able to get the floor coverings (Italian marble and real wood) work done- and I mean might.




  • I held a 3 month old baby the other day- never gets old. I mean really- for those moments you're a perfect person. And I was a better person for holding him days later.




  • Prediction: soon enough drones will be in the skies over the cities of America and news agencies will buy access to the footage they provide.




  • Proof we're nuts: US medevac birds in Afghanistan are still marked with the red cross and unarmed- ridiculous. Worse- medevac units don't all have gunship units assigned to them on the same base. This forces medevac birds to loiter outside the area of the call they're answering to wait for gunship support. My guess is we need to forget about some of the sexier stuff and buy more Kiowa gunships for the wars we're fighting. Compared to an Apache they're a bargain to buy, easy to learn and cheap to operate.




  • When it first gets cool and starts darkening early in the day as winter approaches I feel a little lonely.




  • An interesting post about a military faker. I wish I had the guts to confront somebody like the poster does over this issue.

3 comments:

RPM said...

That picture screams "Yes, Miss Mathers!"

Kasie said...

Wimter is DEPRESSING!! I don't care what is going on in my life during winter, it is always a depressing season for me. I'm not saying put a gun to my mouth depressed, I just mean BLAH, SULL AND BORING depressed.

an Donalbane said...

Right on R!

Frequently when my boss asks me to do something, I use that same response.

And sometimes it's "Yaz'm, Miz Daisy."