- Wherever I'm at in public I assume there's a camera on me and I'm honestly not sure if that's a good or bad thing.
- They sell cooked and flavored pig's ears now for dog treats.
- I bought a helicopter model once for a patient who had been an aircrewman in Vietnam. He died before I could build it with him. It appeared recently in some of my stuff. I really liked that guy and he responded well to me. He bounced back enough while I was caring for him he actually had to be pulled from full time care for a week or so. His sister who was his main care provider had found he was living in a storage shed somewhere after he'd dropped out of his families life. The last months of his life were nice and arguably better than a lot of his years before. He was a long ago case, but my recall of our time together is nearly a video log in my mind. I walked in to relieve the day nurse as he was dying. His sister saw me in the doorway after I let myself in. Her heart broke for me when she saw my shoulders slump, bags containing that model and supplies in hand when I realised he was almost gone. She started crying and ran and hugged me saying, "He's almost gone. Come in and be with him." He took a few more deep breaths as I talked to him and held his hand. They were the deepest terminal breaths I've ever seen anyone take. His cheeks fluttered and I could hear what I assume to be vibrations from his vocal cords. After he was gone, she told me he would wait up to see me and ask when I was coming and refuse pain meds so he wouldn't be gorked out when I got there.
- Billy Squier My Kind Of Lover
- Although I am pretty open, when I confess my sins, tell my story or otherwise bare my soul to a woman it rarely strengthens the relationship and I most often regret it and always assume it will come back to haunt me.
- People are surprised I brush my teeth at work. I'm shocked people can go 12 or really even 8 hours without brushing their choppers.
Monday, September 12, 2011
My hot friend... pictured with some Hooter's chick. Ha. We were in the Wounded Warrior Battalion together at Hood. Don't believe a word he says. I mean really, I think he was there because he got hit in the head or something and is probably still making up outrageous stories about me.