Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday's Dispatch












  • Life (nearly) size, roadworthy (basically) cardboard tank





  • Alec Baldwin has recently made some self depreciating comments about his poor choices in movie roles. Regardless, his legend will live on in classics such as Beetlejuice and the Hunt For Red October.





  • It does not matter how well suited I am or well I actually do at a job, I really dislike living in the shadow of a probation period and I discovered at orientation the one for my present job is twice as long as I thought it was when I applied.





  • An aquaintence was recently in the hospital for a chronic illness that never gets the attention it deserves for the people it kills and the long term consequences for those who live. She has dropped off the radar of the places we used to bump into each other. I've got a bad feeling about that.





  • A nurse in our area always has her car stuffed with trash level to the door windows in the front and in the back seat up to the roof. The trash cascades down from the passeger seat onto the dash and covers it entirely. The only clear space is where she sits in the driver seat. It appears to be a combination of junk mail and fast food garbage. It is so obvious and she is so well known for this, I asked a friend who had worked with her if she had a new vehicle since I saw one similarly oufitted in another city. I was correct.





  • People say horrible things about her- I feel sorry for her.





  • A hypothetical question and answer at work tomorrow: Hey Kev, what did you do after you wrote those posts for your blog? I soaked in the tub while eating two chocolate pudding cups and watching an episode of Lost In Space.





  • Pathetic? I'll let you decide.

No comments: