- If I was a NASCAR driver I'd do the doughnut at the finish line, slide sideways into the winners circle and do a back flip from the door of my car and then hose everybody down with champagne.
- Even if I lost.
- Saliva Your Disease.
- When I was in high school there was a program called Upward Bound for kids with promise who needed guidance and would not otherwise have the means for college. A teacher and guidance counselor nominated me for the program which in our area was based at UNT in Denton TX. I did not complete the course to get the scholarship involved, but I owe the college and by extension the success I've had to that program since it gave me a little belief in myself- so when I was out of excuses and knew I needed to go to college I knew I could do it. Will Niklas and Nancy Meade were in charge of the program then and I'll never- ever forget them.
- We would take a bus to the campus on Saturday and spend the night. In the summer we stayed a couple of weeks. God bless the RAs and assorted mentors- we made them earn their pay.
- During the first big blow up when I knew my marriage was probably going to end my wife told me to leave the house about 10 o'clock at night. I picked up my keys and walked toward the door. "No, wait- you can sleep on the couch." Being exhausted I drug some stuff out of the linen closet to pull over myself and lie down. It took a while, but about the time I dozed off she came out and said,"Come to bed. I can't sleep without you." Her eyes were swollen from crying.
- Manchester Orchestra Please Don't Go
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
How to know we've already lost Afghanistan: millions are at risk of starving and except for certain areas there isn't a thing we can do about it. Not only that- the reason a lot of them are starving is our fault since we cut them off from their cash crop of poppies.