Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Wednesday's Digressions


  • When a headline refers to Illinois as the location of a murder you can bet they mean Chicago and just didn't want to pile on and make the city look more horrible.
  • Is the same true for Michigan and Detroit?
    Pretty funny. The idea is with their running shoes you can run your dog to death. There was self righteous hand wringing over this ad. Hand wringing that was like a lot of other hand wringing- an attempt to make the hand wringers look smarter and more well evolved than they are and symptomatic of a severe humor impairment. 
  • Vietnam has told China they're tired of their crap and they better cool it. Hey homes- you're not post US-Vietnam war good and well equipped and China's military sure ain't 1970s-1980s bad and awful. Really dude- cool it, they will hurt you and are totally looking for a do-over to the beatin' you totally heinoused them with back in the 70s and it isn't worth it brah.
  • My shoulder surfer dude sometimes dabbles in international diplomacy.
  • Most what would be called liberal policies are bad ideas if nothing else because they're based on emotions (specifically and oddly-guilt), politics and are unsustainable.
  • Also, spending is easy when it's other peoples money. Amiright?
  • Journey has been on the playlist a lot lately and it makes me surprised they had fell off the radar for years. They're amazing.
    Diabetes, disability, bypass surgery- how much will this lady cost us before her heart can't take anymore and explodes?
  • Something that just crossed my mind: I had a lot of close friends in Tennessee during my college days- do they ever think of me? For a while I kept in touch and in fact would drive back and see some of them but over time we lost touch. Often I sensed some liked to hang around me or at least were initially intrigued by the fact I was from Texas. Do they tell stories, I had this crazy friend once from Texas... Do they think of me at all?
  • I hardly ever actually turn my camera off- I just allow it to go into power save mode.
  • If I had to advise Adam Sandler what to do after his latest abortion of a film Blended I would be at a loss. He either needs quit while he still has a huge pile of money or figure out an amazing comeback.
    In Clark Gardens

No comments: