Friday, July 11, 2014

Friday's Dispatch

Since I was a boy I thought motorcycles with sidecars were cool.  There was actually a sport where bikes with a sidecar raced on paved and dirt surfaces. The outrigger guy was essentially skilled ballast but I thought them cooler than cool and thought it one of the best jobs in the world (next to a garbageman).

  • I dislike use of the word hate so much so that when I do, it really gets the attention of people who know me and they get concerned over whatever it is I've applied it towards. I've said, I hate to use the word hate.
  • Explaining a patients last moments the other day I indicated to her daughter on the phone how at peace her mother seemed and my belief she was pain and anxiety free and then said, Then she just stopped and she was gone
  • The more I learn about hospice nursing the more I'm inclined to believe those people will go when they are ready. A stubborn patient can fool the most experienced nurse when they give an opinion for how long the patient has left.
  • I tell families when I think the time is near so they can budget their time but, steer clear of strict time lines.
  • There are some lowlifes in hospice nursing sure but, I think overall they really tend to be a cut above.
  • Within 15 minutes of a patients death the other day one of her children was on the phone and I heard him say to someone,"Yes, yes- you can have her television." Good Lord, people -you should have some shame sometimes.
    From the May 2014 car show in Weatherford. The world of customs is big enough for all of us I always say and I'll check bikes like this out when I go to shows or on the street even but yeah- pretty ridiculous.
  • Above from an old draft clean-up day. I haven't worked hospice in 3 years.
  • Draft came out, "raft" up there.
  • Every month or so there is some news report touting the benefits of having one glass of wine or one beer or half of  one of each... every day with stats of how people who do whatever it is they're touting live longer, have fewer heart attacks or their babies are born better looking... or whatever. Simply put- if a person can have the restraint to drink only one of something so dangerous, that makes you feel soooo good, they probably exercise lots of restraint and make lots of good choices in lots of other aspects of their lives- of course they'll tend to be healthier. They would nearly have to generally speaking be more healthy than other people


    Its all in the details as they say.
  • E readers are one of man's very best inventions. I have 69 books stored on mine (less 25% of capacity) and routinely work at 2-3 books in a single sitting because it is so convenient to do so. As a bonus I only paid for one of the books- .99 cents.
  • People are shocked the 100 mil Zuckerberg donated to New Jerseys school was all spirited away to line the pockets of crooks and opportunists. I'm shocked they're shocked. He should have looked for successful programs whose only problem was insufficient funds. Very weird- very odd he/they missed that upon deciding to donate funds.

2 comments:

RPM said...

Cash disappearing in Jersey? Faghetaboutit.

an Donalbane said...

Look, dude, someone attached a Goldwing to your X1/9!

Or is it a TR7?