Thursday, July 31, 2014

Thursday's Thoughts

Classes we should have had.

  • UFC and MMA in general are correctly getting normal prime time news coverage as boxing always received in the past. There could come a time though, when boxing basically disappears- when the risks are fully understood.
  • Will MMA ever be an Olympic sport? I say yes but getting it there itself will be a battle. 
  • There used to be a guy who lived near Boyd who had a pig that thought he was a dog. He would come out to your truck making a woof noise while running in a pack with the other dogs. He would even try to hike his leg to pee on your tire. The guys wife put a dog collar on him. He would rub on you and beg to be petted and would sit on command.
  • Wonder what happened to him? Did they eat him?
  • Don't worry they probably did it slowly - over time. You know- cut off a ham here, some bacon there and then turn him out to play for a while. I mean a pig like that you don't just eat him all at once.
  • My children are watching Scooby Doo (06/08/2014). It is much more terrible than I remember. Not even so bad it is good or at least charming- it is just awful.
  • Patrick Warburton is doing one of the voices- what are the odds?.
  • Although I know the prices of most of the  services by heart and have access to the scales anyway, I am specifically forbidden from discussing fees with my patients at work. It is a blessing. It is a blessing as it keeps me from getting bogged down with money concerns and I don't cause mixed signals between the back offices and front desk. However, like most rules it has to be broken sometimes. If I'm not careful we'll lose patients who need treatment if they don't understand the visits following the first two are dirt cheap. I have had to learn to read them and explain the evaluation was the expensive part- the rest is cushion change money.
  • Sex Pistols Holidays In TheSun

2 comments:

Unknown said...

All of those old Hanna-Barbera cartoons are amazingly awful. A few years ago, I was leaving the cartoon network on before bed, and I ended up seeing a whole assortment of them - "Hong Kong Phooey" (seriously!), Scooby Doo, Josie and the Pussycats, one that looked just like the previous two except there was a werewolf and a dune buggy...

I was blown away by just how unwatchable it was.

But I'd leave it on because it wasn't the news.

an Donalbane said...

I dunno - I am indebted to H-B, at least to the extent that the term "ruh-roh" often makes its way into my idiom.